Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subair37
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

My Day 2 at BT total Broadband

Hi

i moved to BT total broadband from 1st of Feb, was with another provider Zen b4 that time i was getting a download speed of 1.7MB/s about 13 to 14 Meg speed ,with BT day 1 was all right i was getting the same speed but day 2 i was downloading at 4.00pm only at 200kb/s  to 350kb/s all the way up to night around 9.30pm after that i saw my speed rose to 1.7MB/s , i was downloading from my FTP server which always gives me a good and constant speed never gives me any problems,Can some one explain to me why there is a speed fluctation ?

Is it because i am only 2days old in BT i know for the first 10 days you will have problems.

Also Please teach me how can i login to my BT home Hub ? I know with my old netgar i put the ip address 192.168.0.1 in and username and password i am in router , how can i login to hub ?

Looking forward to hear from you..........

Rgds

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
bapiow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: My Day 2 at BT total Broadband

0 Ratings
Highlighted
subair37
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

what is the username and password?

please mods what abt this speed variation please reply me?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

enter 192.168.1.254 thart will take you to the set up pages then you will be prompted to create your own password as to your speed they will vary for the first 10 days as you are on a line training period during this time you will get the odd disconnection but they are nothing to worry about
0 Ratings