cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

My broadband experience. The story so far....

Hello. I just thought I'd highlight my plight with BT. Issue is still not fixed...see my version of War and Peace below. Enjoy!

On the 15th (after 2+ years of solid connectivity) the hub started flashing green and orange every 20 minutes or so.....

Dec 15: Reported by phone; Diagnosed as hub fault

Dec 17th Replacement hub received

Dec 18th – Reported broadband still bouncing. Was informed further tests would be carried out.

Dec 19th – Called for update. Was informed there was a confirmed fault. An engineer would be sent.

Dec 24th – Engineer visited and installed new MK3 socket and moved hub position.

(Following his visit was unable to dial out on the phone)

Dec 27th – Reported phone issue and continuing broadband issue.

Dec 28th – 2nd engineer visited without correct test gear but confirmed there was a line fault. Said he would ask for a broadband engineer to be scheduled.

Dec 29th – Again informed BT that fault was not fixed. No record of previous engineers visit. Agreed to schedule another engineer.

Dec 31st – Engineer should have visited between 1 and 6 pm. Nobody showed.

Jan 1st – Reported no show from engineer. Engineer scheduled for tomorrow.

Jan 2nd – Engineer arrived (a line engineer). Fixed the line fault (caused by the engineer on the 24th not wiring the socket correctly). Carried out extensive tests and proved the fault was with the line, not internal to the property.

Jan 2nd (PM) – Reported again – Broadband engineer scheduled for the 5th.

Jan 5th – Broadband engineer arrived. Tested internal equipment. Proved line fault. He went to exchange and called from there. Confirmed a card issue. Informed me the card needed replacing or moving to new slot. He informed this would be carried out overnight by exchange engineer.

Jan 6th – Reported issue still happening (broadband bouncing) in the a.m. Called back at 6pm to be informed the engineering team had gone home so could not get an update.

Jan 7th – Call back from the engineering team at 3pm. They were unable to contact the engineer involved as he was not at work the previous day. He would be working tomorrow so update then.

Jan 8th - ?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: My broadband experience. The story so far....

Hi SteveWard,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband connection and that these issues have resulted in problems with your landline too.

The community aren't going to be able to help solve this as it'll need direct help from BT.  We'll step in to lend a hand until you're sorted.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Thanks

Robbie

0 Ratings
SteveWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Thanks Robbie. I've done as requested.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

just as an update - once you have submitted the email you join a queue of other customers waiting on mod assistance and it can take 3/5 working days before your email reaches top of inbox and the mods get back to you either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SteveWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

OK thanks.

If this issue is not sorted in 3 to 5 days I may cry! Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

everyone thinks their problem should get priority hence why the emails are dealt with in order of receipt which make it fair to everyone  bear in mind also that weekends are not counted as working days  however once mods contact you they will take personal responsibilty of your problem and give you one point of contact until problem fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SteveWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

I didn't mean you getting in touch with me. It wasn't a dig at you. 🙂

I merely meant the issue has been going on since mid-December. 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

I didn't take that way either - I was just trying to manage your expectations of when mods are likely to get back to you

0 Ratings
SteveWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

So...an engineer eventually came this morning and after I explained the saga to him, he went off to the exchange and did a 'lift and shift'. 10 minutes after he phoned the connection dropped again. 

Is this normal after carrying out a move? Thanks. 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

as you are now on a different pair is it still dropping connection after initial drop?

0 Ratings