cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vinzyx
Message 1 of 3

My internet has been terrible for almost 1 and a half years now

I had moved into my property around October last year and when I decided to get my internet installed and choose my provider, my property had only the option of BT, so I thought "hey that's cool, BT has great fibre" oh was I wrong. At first, I was told that fibre was available so I believe that I had opted for that plan and 2 weeks later, the engineer had arrived, set everything up and I was on my way. At first, my ping was great! No problems, nothing but then a few weeks later internet speeds had dropped to a constant 600KB/S and upload was barley 1MB/S and the ping was TERRIBLE. constant latency drops, rubber banding all of that! So I called up BT, customer service had taken me 30 mins of my day just to get to a representative and explained to them my problem, they said 'we will send an engineer out' and they had also told me that I had a standard ADSL line and no copper so I was confused! Once the engineer had arrived, he said there were no problems and it must have been an outside problem so I rang BT once more and they had settled to send a technician to check out the problem at the box but surprise surprise 'nothing was wrong' So for months, back and forth with BTs customer service, live chat and all still the same terrible latency, getting huge amounts of rubberbanding, getting 4000ping lag spikes daily for hours upon end and still having 600KB/s download speeds MAX when advertised minimum 6MB/S. I had tried so many different things such as only connecting my computer, only using 1 device at a time etc not to mention I have been using a wired connection all this time with my computer yet still the same damn problems, I'm sick and tired of it! I cant switch to virgin media, I can't get fibre as 'Openreach aren't planning anything in your area' and I'm basically stuck! I've tried around 3 different routers including 3rd party routers and nothing! My 3g is faster than my internet and I'm spending almost £30 a month for internet that can barely support a 480p youtube video! Please if anybody can help me in the slightest I will be ever so grateful! 

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: My internet has been terrible for almost 1 and a half years now

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Vinzyx
Message 3 of 3

Re: My internet has been terrible for almost 1 and a half years now

Thanks for replying, ill post the results once I have completed them.
0 Ratings