cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylanThomas
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

My internet speed is so slow, it won't even play youtube videos..

As it says in the title... 

Hi, This is my broadband diagnosis

Can someone please help me with this?

(I AM using wired broadband connection) 

Capture.PNG

Dylan Thomas

BT Broadband Unlimited Extra
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
DylanThomas
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: My internet speed is so slow, it won't even play youtube videos..

Captu565465464re.PNG

Dylan Thomas

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DylanThomas
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Capture.PNGBy the way, I am connected directly to the master socket with a micro filter Cat Happy

Dylan Thomas

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

have you tried using the test socket?  with your attenuation I would expect a connection speed of about 10.5/11mb

was quiet line test ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

is there any problems shown here for your exchange  http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

0 Ratings
DylanThomas
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

On the quiet line text the line goes all, sort of crackly, I am using a cordless phone. I will try the test socket now.
Dylan Thomas

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

if you connect to test socket can you repost tour router stats please

0 Ratings
DylanThomas
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I just found out that my master socket is so old it doesn't have a test socket...
Dylan Thomas

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

if the quiet line test is crackly then you need to report a phone fault to 151 or use the link with no mention of broadband.  you need to get rid of the line noise before your broadband will improve.

phone faults

if you have extension sockets then removing the bellwire on terminal 3 will help 

bellwire removal

0 Ratings