cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stev00
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Need my Target SNR resetting after Router Fault

Had an issue now my SNR as shot up and connection been stuck at 1 mb for days.

DSP Firmware VersionA2pB025f.d22k
DMT StatusNo Defect
Operational ModeG.DMT
Upstream448
Downstream3648
SNR Margin(Upstream)14.0
SNR Margin(Downstream)3.7
Line Attenuation(Upstream)31.5
Line Attenuation(Downstream)63.5

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Need my Target SNR resetting after Router Fault

welcome to the forum

there is nothing wrong with your noise margin if anything is is lower than normal which accounts for your good conenction speed with your attenuation

can you run btspeedtester and when first tets completes then run diagnostic test and post results

can you also add connection time to the stats you posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stev00
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Sould have said, i have it tweeked at the moment to try and force a change of speed. Not happening though. been stuck like that for days. Currently 1mb

Untweeked my SNR is 18

Had a stable 2.5mb connection for four years. Long line but in the country so little noise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

you have 3648kbps down connection speed due to your tweak of the noise margin but the problem I think is your low ip profile due to the drops in conenction but I need the btspeedtester diagnostic results

your profile should correct itself automatically given a 24/7 connection and it can take 3/5 days

what is your conenction time if you have been manually resetting tring to improve your download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stev00
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

BT Speedtester will not run further diagnostics for some reason? been trying for days. Had a stable 3108 connection for a week, reset this morning because of an electrical fault and connected at what it is now. Too high for my line though and it will drop but not below 3108.

Spoke to BT they say work is happening at exchange - sounds like BS though

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

does your router not show internet connection time?

only btspeedtester diagnostic test will show your profile which I think is low and is the cause of your lower download speed.

anything here for your exchange  http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/

0 Ratings
stev00
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

current up time 2 hours due to power cut - previous was seven days on a 3108 connection. btspeedtester will not run further diagnostics and so will not show ip profile which i guess you're correct and is stuck at 1mb

0 Ratings
stev00
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

1. Best Effort Test: Download Speed : 0.92 Mbps Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

it would be very unusual for profile to stick at 1mb  only place it often sticks is at 2mb but that is always for people with the max 8mb connection speed

you need to keep trying the diagnostic test as it is not unusual for people to have a problem then all of a sudden it will work

does your stats show a connection time.  if so repost your stats when you cab show 3+ days conenction time and if no improvement on download speed then mods may help - but stable 3+ days stats first

0 Ratings