Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spooks136
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Need my upload speed pushed back up!

Go to solution

Hello.

I have posted on the forum before and i am back searching for help, urgently. 

I am running a ADSL2+ Connection but because of how far i am from the exchange, speeds are not as fast as they could be, nevertheless we usually run around 9-10Mbps download with around 1Mbps upload. 

The upload speed has been pushed down to around 0.7Mbps and this is a problem due to the fact i have recently been livestreaming a lot on twitch.tv, 1Mbps is not enough but i make do, 0.7 is too slow.

I am supposed to be streaming today at around 7PM and i need my upload speed pushed up again, i would love to get the Annex M Service but BT only offer it to business properties.

Is there anything anyone can do to help get my upload speed pushed back up to its usual speed? If not i will need to cancel the stream which i do not really want to do.

Thank you for your time.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need my upload speed pushed back up!

Go to solution

there is nothing that can be done to push your upload speed any higher however from my experience it does fluctuate and at the next reset you may well find that the upstream speed goes back to nearer 1mb.  there is no manual intervantion that will be done to improve it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Spooks136
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Well if that is not possible, would DSL Bonding be a good idea? I know it is expensive and BT don't offer the service but seeing as we are using our ADSL2+ connection do death, would it be worth the upgrade?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

here is an article which may help - not sure who provides the service  is there no sign of FTTC in near future? http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/adsl-bonding

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Spooks136
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

We have been waiting for about 5 years for the FTTC service that was promised. After a while we understood Fibre is likely not going to happen, I did get in contact with Openreach and they said there were no plans on upgrading our cabinet. The reason why not was never provided. 

Thanks for the article, i will look into ADSL Bonding. If we get 8Mbps on 1 line 2 lines should reach speeds of around 12-16Mbps. If not 3 lines will.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Spooks136,

If you navigated onwards from imjolly's link you may well have found this but, if not, here is a direct link :-

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/bonding-three-four-ADSL-connections

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings