Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMHughes
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

**New BT Home Hub 4 Connectivity Issues**

Go to solution

Hello

I was unable to post this message in the Home Hub section, as I am automatically re-directed to the BT Broadband Help tool which is causing the following problem I wish to report.

Installed the new BT Home Hub 4 last night successfully up to a point.  We can access the internet, however when accessing certain sites, we are automatically directed to the BT Smart Set up to complete the online set up.  When clicking download, the page can't be displayed, when clicking on fix connection issues, this results in message advising "resource (pbttbc.bt.motive.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attemps.  The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 3081 possibly due to to firewall or security policy settings or because it might be temporarily unavailable.  Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on my pc"  I am on Windows 7, our 2nd pc is on Windows 10 and exactly the same issue appears.

Spent an hour with BT faults last night who did following tests, refreshed connection on phone line, factory reset, refreshed the connection, tested the landline, tested broadband network, reset internet setting on pc.  Did all the shutting down, re-starting laptops and same with the Hub, but couldn't resolve the issue.

Please, I hope someone can help?!

Thank you in advance.

Sarah

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: **New BT Home Hub 4 Connectivity Issues**

Go to solution
0 Ratings
SMHughes
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: **New BT Home Hub 4 Connectivity Issues**

Go to solution

Hello Licquorice

Success!  I couldn't click on the link you provided, because of the automatic routing to the BT Tool, but googled disable smart set up and disabled the tool.

Thank you! 

Not too happy with BT.

Sarah

0 Ratings