cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavininwales
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

New BT user from SKY, XBOX 360 latency problems

Help my sons are driving my nuts, we switched from a very successful and peaceful year with SKY broadband to BT adsl unlimited with home hub 4. Speed of connection is comparable with SKY but latency, game lag is terrible with BT, how can I fix it? I've heard of a thing called fastpath instead of interleaved (a) what does that mean and what's the impact of it (b) how do I get my line switched over. Can someone please help me?
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: New BT user from SKY, XBOX 360 latency problems

This may help. http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/BT-home-hub-4-wireless-connection-issue-on-the...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gavininwales
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Already read and tried this solution thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

how long have you been with BT ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gavininwales
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Since the 28th June, last Thursday.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

You are still in the initial 10 day training period and need to remain connected 24/7 to let training complete before bt will do anything to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gavininwales
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

I don't know if I will be able to cope with another 2 weeks of teenage tantrums because he can't play online with his mates on Battlefield 3. I am currently seriously considering getting a second line on SKY because the service was much much better 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

the line latency is automaticaly set depending on the quality of your line and number of errors  this will explain more http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats_explanation.htm

0 Ratings
gavininwales
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

How do you get all of these stats? HH4 gives very little information other than the connection speed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

you can't on the HH4.  stats are quite basic but I do think it shows latency

0 Ratings