cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New broadband connection will BT improve my signal?

Hi I dont have broadband with BT but my landline is with them, I live in rural Wales and the broadband is rubbish.
BT like most other companies have said the most i can expect is 3mbps, I do have mobile broadband with Three but again this is not great around 4mbps if i am very luck.  My question if I sign up to BT and accept the low speeds will they improve my service overtime.  Or how do i go about getting a better service with them.

Thanks hope someone can offer advice.

Cliff

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New broadband connection will BT improve my signal?

from what you posted you appear to have your landline from BT and using that line you have broadband from another ISP.  the phone line which provides your broadband is from openreach so whichever provider you choose for broadband will use the same phone line and your speed will be just the same

you can enter your phone number and see if there are any fibre connections available but that is up to openreach and nothing to do with BT retail

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

oh thanks, i will contact openreach
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

no point in contacting openreach as they do not deal with the public

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

ha ha sounds about right
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

try link I posted earlier and see what connections you can get

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Not sure if this would be of interest , not a short term solution

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships/grants-and-funding 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Also have a look at:

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first

Try the check my availability option to see if it mentions anything upcoming in your area. Also look at the Fibre First map. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks everyone who has replied, it seems BT have now reduced the amout i can get to 1mbps to a max of 3mbps.
BT have no plans to improve the fibre to my area as it seems i am too far away from the cabinet ( approx 3 miles).

I have signed up to be informed when they intend to improve things, the grant will not help as i dont have enough neighbours to join together to get BT to help.  Thanks again i hope to have an answer soon, cant even watch netflix at the moment.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings