cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurenaston
Message 1 of 7

New build connection delayed by 4.5 months

Hi, I'm hoping someone on here can provide me with some advice. My husband and I have completed a new build and all utilities were connected without any issue, this included having road closures for water to be provided. The only service that we have repeatedly run in to issues with is the phone and broadband. When I instructed BT I provided them with all the information and had even had Openreach already conduct the survey on the works needed. They were due to install and connect on 13th June, on this day only a telephone engineer attended and advised he couldn't do anything as the line hadn't been run. Since this date, I have spoken to BT most days for updates after they originally advised a connection date of 24th October. The date for the line to be run was confirmed as 21st July, I received confirmation that the work would be carried out on this date every day leading up to this, then again at 1pm on the day as no one had attended and then again the following day. On Saturday I spoke to BT yet again after the call they had scheduled did not happen, they then advised that Openreach did not have a permit from the council yet so it was being pushed back to October again. The permit was issued by the council on 7th July for work on 30th July, so no work would ever have been carried out on the dates they advised and they lied about not receiving a permit. I have now been advised that it is a Gas sensitive area so they can't carry out the work until more surveys have taken place?!? Anyone has similar experiences? Or any advise as I just seem to be getting nowhere with this and feel that all the updates I'm now getting are just lies and BT really don't seem concerned.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: New build connection delayed by 4.5 months

Well, the developer first and foremost should have ensured there was infrastructure installed before selling the property, or at least warned you of the delay.

Unfortunately if there's work to be done that requires permits etc then there isn't really anything that can be done to speed the process up.

I was in a similar situation by the way, took a while for our new build to be connected due to lack of capacity at the cabinet from the exchange.

BT, like any provide cannot do anything until Openreach connect the line to the property.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Laurenaston

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting services at your new build address.  From personal experience, there can be an extended delay with these installations depending on what work is needed to connect the address to the network.

Have a go chatting with our >>Order Live Chat Team<< this afternoon to see if they can provide you with an update.

Let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Laurenaston
Message 4 of 7

@RobbieMac

Thanks for getting in touch, I've just been on a call with Jake from the Stoke Connections team and he has been amazing, so I'm hoping we may finally be getting somewhere with this. I'm due another update on Thursday, so if this isn't satisfactory then I will try that link.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Laurenaston

Thanks for posting back to let me know that.

I'm pleased that you're making progress.  Feel free to keep this thread updated with how things are going Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Laurenaston
Message 6 of 7

Hi @RobbieMac,

Looks like last week may have been some false hope, despite having the permit from the council to conduct the works yesterday, no one turned up and it's a 28 working day lead for these permits from the council. There seem to be very mixed messages coming back from Openreach and it feels like BT aren't confident in what they are being told.

I'll try the link you provided earlier to see if they are able to help further.

Thanks

Laure
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Laurenaston,

Thanks for posting. Have you made any progress with this? Can you let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings