cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulowellock
Beginner
Message 11 of 23

Re: New customer - Will DLM move me from ADSL Max to ADSL2+ ???

Go to solution

***UPDATE***

First of all thanks again to everyone for their assistance.  Thanks also to David from BT who emailed me on Sunday to advs that the changeover to ADSL2 had been ordered.

The change happened this morning at 0415 and i'm now on:

25. Modulation:

G.992.5(ADSL2+)

My stats now are:

6. Data Rate: 443 / 11851 7. Maximum Data Rate: 1156 / 11968 8. Noise Margin:

29.9 / 6.1

Does anyone know if DLM will now start and improve the downstream / upstream further?  I'm not obsessive about getting every last drop of speed out of a line but would love to see the upstream improve as there's been no change to that.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

from your stats you have a good connection with noise margin about normal 6db. if you conenction remains stable and there are few errors the DLM may in serveral weeks reduce your noise margin to the new norm of 3db which is for good line with few errors.  this will give you a bit more speed

your upstream is about as good as you will get

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulowellock
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

your upstream is about as good as you will get

Why is that?  Do the stats suggest that is as good as it will go?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

sorry looked at attainable.  your speed up should improve normally 0.8/1mb.  you have a 10 day period which your line takes to settle after upgrade so avoid manual resets although your connection may reset as DLM tries to find best stable connection for your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
dfenceman
Expert
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

I hope for the OP's sake that this is not another case like AlanF's ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

only time and another reset or 2 will find out

0 Ratings
paulowellock
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Well it's been a day (and a bit) since the move to ADSL2 and I'm rather disappointed so far.  I was kinda hoping for a similar experience as to what I had thru my former supplier Sky but we're not even close yet.

Tried to watch an important video this morning for work but it was painful.  Constant buffering/stopping and just an all round horrible experience that I thought I'd seen the last of 5 years ago!

Here's a speedtest:

Capture.JPG

I haven't cherry picked this speedtest.  I ran 4/5 and they were all similar to this.

2 weeks ago I was on Sky LLU.  Exact same line and infrastructure all the way to the exchange.  I had 14874/1265 with a ping of 19.  And I got that 24/7 without exception.

I now get: 

6. Data Rate: 443 / 11851
7. Maximum Data Rate: 1112 / 11952
8. Noise Margin: 30.1 / 6.1

But it's not as though I even see the above figures as the speedtest shows.  Why?

DLM doesn't seem to be doing anything to improve things -if it's working at all?  Is there a way of checking?  There's been no restarts/changes to those figures at all.  The upload in particular is set really low when the line 2 weeks ago supported 1265.

So... is there any hope for improvement?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

as I said it can take 10 days after upgrade for DLM to find best possible conenction

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done wired

0 Ratings
paulowellock
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

edit - have just been called by BT.  will update later...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

see if mods can sort it as it should be profile 0.83mb  mods will contact you or post link again

0 Ratings