cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New customer no internet access

I`m a new customer with a new hub. I got switched on yesterday. My hub has turned blue but I can`t access the internet. It`s impossible to contact anyone at BT at the moment. I suspect BT needs to turn something on at their end.

All of our 3 devices say the same thing. Connected but no access. I`ve checked for problems in our area of which there are none. I`ve accessed the hub via my browser and it says everything is fine and it knows our 3 devices are connected and that the signal is excellent. I`ve turned everything on and off several times. I had confirmation yesterday that our account had been activated.

Not a great start to my new BT account especially as it took over two weeks for them to activate my account anyway!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New customer no internet access

@Jimbob_1978 

You have posted on the ADSL board. Please can you confirm that you have standard broadband, and not superfast broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yep standard broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Jimbob_1978 wrote:

Yep standard broadband.

Are you connected to the home hub via wireless or an Ethernet connection?

What error message are you getting?

Have you checked that your phone number matches the one shown on your bill? You can dial 17070 to confirm this.

Also check to see if there is any noise on your phone calls.

Turn off smart setup on the hub, as this can cause problems?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

What speed are you supposed to get?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Smart set up is now off. Still nothing. 

I've tried plugging into ether net but still can't get online. 

The phone line is clear, no noise. 

How do I check my phone number against my account if I haven't had a bill yet? 

Not sure what speed I signed up for. I had two options when I entered my postcode, I selected the best on offer. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Oh, and I'm not getting any error messages, the hub is telling me everything is fine. It's my devices that are telling me I'm connected but also that I have no internet. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Not sure what your problem is, especially if you have tried connecting a computer directly to the home hub using an Ethernet cable.

Which BT home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

It's a Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I've managed to get through to an advisor. After doing a few tests and finding no fault with the line their assumption is I have a faulty hub. They'll be sending a new one out. 

0 Ratings