cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

New customer

Go to solution

Hi to all,

I just came back to BT last week, engineer fitted new drop line, wiring and master socket  

I told the engineer that I had a lot off issues in the past and had found that 21cn on 992.3 (adsl2) with interleaving had been found to work the best with speed and reliability.

however, despite the info, he connected me on ADSL Max as per BT standard protocol for longer lines,which peeved me off as I had only just came back.

now here I am with a 9.5 snr on fast path with a much slower sync.

The router had been left alone, I reset it an hour ago (waited 30 minutes) hoping the snr would pull back down to 6 and turn on interleaving, but it has stayed where it is. 

I am afraid now that because of new line training, that the Dom has decided this is the best it can do, which is incorrect.

I am happy enough to give g.dmt a chance to see how it fairs this time, I was just hoping to request a MOD to reset line back to 6 SNR and apply the interleaving. 

Hopefully the training period with interleaving applied the snr will stay there, but of not can go back to my test and tried setup as before.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: New customer

Go to solution

13:54

. 4G

BT Smart Hub Manager

Technical log

Information

Event log

Data rate:  448 kbps / 2.69 Mbps

Maximum data rate:  1236 / 2912

Noise margin:  24 db / 9.6 db

Line attenuation:  54 db

Signal attenuation:  31.5 db /  54 db

Modulation:  G_992_1_ANNEX_A

Fast Path

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

From your stats the max down  speed is only 2.9mb so unlikely much change even if adsl2. Up speed would be far better on adsl2

enter phone number and post results  delete number but leave exchange and cab

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply,

I think that’s dlm has kicking in giving that as a max, when it first connected the at 6snr, the max was 3600, a few days ago it changed  to that figure

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Also, just to note, I always get a sync of around 3500 before, even 4 in the summer

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

I’m assuming that max rate is based on the current snr of 10

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

The max data rate is best your line can do.  The higher noise margin is due to your connection speed being below thee attainable rate

just run dslchecker so we can see what is available to you save the guessing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks for response again, the wholesale check is saying Adsl max 1- 2.5 and Adsl2+ 1 -  3.5, so it is obviously openreach putting me on max that has slowed things down.

the 21cn previously I had must just perform better.

in that case, since I had actually requested 21cn from the start, maybe the mods could arrange a switchover for me.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Just to note, it does seem rather odd that my neighbour next door, with their line running off the same pole has a current sync of 4.6, when I checked they are on adsl max as well.

openreach fitted whole new line to my house too, so can’t be any errors that side and have no extensions or anything in house either, drop wire straight to the master.

I find it hard to understand how the house next door to me has nearly twice the speed

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

please can you post full dslchecker results  you can use camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

Try phoning CS on 150 and see if you can get them to help you move to adsl2. Probably not much change to down speed but certainly faster up speed

no 2 lines are the same so your neighbour could have a better line than you all the way back to the exchange

0 Ratings