cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: New customer

Go to solution

Sure, I’ll will post it when I’m back home.

I don’t mean to undermine, but I know the adsl2 on 21cn is faster as I had it the last few years with another ISP and had steady line syncing around 3500 always. Starting to regret coming back to BT unfortunately . I will try CS, but I’m pretty sure they will be as useless as ever, so was hoping a mod would issue the switch.

thanks again for your input, much appreciated

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

If you try CS and hit a brick wall then post back and we can see if can get more help

hopefully you will get the 3.5mb down speed    with your current 54db attenuation I would hope maybe 3.9/4mb on good line with no noise but will see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Will try and see how I get on, thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

If I could just ask one more question before contacting CS tomorrow, if you don’t mind 😊

I have a billion router with the adjustable snr value.

I just wanted to query should I save a lot of hassle and just lower the snr down a few myself to achieve a better sync?

My concern is that the Dlm won’t like this and mess it all up ?

Or if I was just to wait a while and see how it goes, will the Dlm maybe lower the snr itself in time.

thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

i would not make any change just now and leave the hub connected and see if you can get CS to move you to adsl2. On adsl2 should reset your noise margin to 6db with corresponding speed. If you can then maintain a stable connection with no reset then DLM will reduce your noise margin down to 3db which should boost your down speed - no need for billion 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Hi,

finally got around to ringing CS and was a rather painful experience lol kept asking what the fault was etc, I was trying to explain no fault just want moved to 21cn as get better speeds up and slightly better down, don’t think she understood what I was talking about and was trying to book engineer lol

If it wasn’t too much bother, would a mod mind picking this up and put the change through for 21cn, preferably on adsl2 992.3, save me a lot of phone time with CS!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

i Have asked mods to lend a hand but they are busy so could take longer than normal but they will get back to you

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks very much for that, appreciate it

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @w4481 We'll be happy to check if this is possible, I'll send you a message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

Responce sent, thanks very much 👍

0 Ratings