cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

New router slower speed

Hi,

Just received a new router (Hub 6) to replace the one BT said was faulty. I now get even slower speeds than I did before! I was getting intermittent 11.8MB down and 1.06MB up. I now get only 7MB down and 1.06MB up. 

Does the router need to settle or is it just worse?

Thanks,

Jo

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: New router slower speed

@joosborne22 

Welcome to this user forum.

The home hub 4 is the recommended router for an ADSL connection. Which one were you using before?

The HH6 is really best on a VDSL connection, and can suffer from noise problems on an ADSL connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi - thanks for replying, annoyingly I had a Hub 6, so there should be no difference. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@joosborne22 wrote:

Hi - thanks for replying, annoyingly I had a Hub 6, so there should be no difference. 

What is the  HH6 connection speed showing?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

What do you mean by connection speed?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@joosborne22 wrote:
What do you mean by connection speed?

Hub Stats
The information contained within your router management pages can really help others diagnose technical issues. To post these stats, open up a web browser and type 192.168.1.254 or BThomehub.home. Navigate to the 'Troubleshooting' Tab and then click on 'Helpdesk', you will then need to enter the admin password which can be found on the sticker on the back of BT Home Hub.

You should be able to see what speed that the HH6 is connecting to your line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Yes, I've done both of those and no change.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

My new hub is running at 8.17mbps, and yet me previous hub 6 was running at 11.8mbps. how does that even happen? They are both Hub 6's.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@joosborne22 wrote:
My new hub is running at 8.17mbps, and yet me previous hub 6 was running at 11.8mbps. how does that even happen? They are both Hub 6's.

What is the downstream noise margin showing?

Can you please post all of the information that is displayed on that page. You should be able to just paste the results directly onto a forum post.

A number of disconnections or restart can cause the speed to be temporarily reduced.

Have you plugged your old HH6 back in, to see if the speed is different?

0 Ratings