cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

No Internet Connection

Go to solution

I have been having issues with my broadband disconnecting over the past week, today, it's just gone down and the BT router is stuck on the green light.  I have tried powering off and pushing the factory reset button, but it's just stuck on green.

BT have found a fault and have given me a BT Engineer visit on 20th March !!! What am I meant to do until then ?

I'm assuming I will be getting some sort of refund for the inconvenience and the delay in getting a engineer out.

Don't suppose I can do anything about it !!

Do BT still have a Live Chat option ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Internet Connection

Go to solution

A permanent green light on the hub is a faulty hub rather than anything needing an engineer. It seems odd that BT say they have found a fault and an engineer visit is required. I would try and get customer services to send you a replacement hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks....is it also worth me calling BT ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

What do you mean, customer services is BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

If you want a replacement router then you need to phone CS on 150 assuming your landline is working. You can also phone 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Just got off the phone and they ran another test and confirmed it's a faulty router, so they are sending out a replacement.  

BT possibly waste a lot of money, I could have just left this and waited for the engineer to come out !!!

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Got my replacement  Hub 2 at 11.30am this morning and everything connected and up and running.

So I have to compliment BT customer services for their speedy resolution and help with this, simply cannot fault the turnaround time of me reporting my fault and physically receiving my Hub 2.

I just have to monitor how the Hub 2 works for me.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @152bobby,

I'm happy to see that your internet connection is working now.

I am very grateful for your positive comments about your experiences with our Customer Services team.

If you need any help with your connection, please feel free to contact us. I'm hopeful that your Smart Hub 2 will maintain your strong connection.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Just a follow up on this and it's a observation and not a complaint.

I have just received my scheduled BT bill and there is a £9.99 Broadband one off charge including activation, installation and delivery charge on it.

Should this have been applied to me when BT agreed that it was a faulty router.  I pay my Broadband package every month, surely they have to give me the proper working equipment to actually access and use the broadband ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I queried this on BT Live Chat and got a immediate refund 👍