cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lasar0n
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

No broadband for 16 days and counting!

Absolutely shocking service from BT! Fault raised over 2 weeks ago and still nothing! BT closed the fault saying it was fixed without even checking if it was fixed. Had to reopen it more than once but only when I called to say it wasn't fixed! Customer service threatened me with contracts speak and said I would have to pay BT over £500 to leave! Been a BT customer for more than 20 years! So much for loyalty! Totally shocking and disgusting behaviour from an organisation who is supposed to be one of the best!
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: No broadband for 16 days and counting!

Hi @lasar0n and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems getting the fault sorted. I'm sure I can help. Is your line working? Are there any lights on the hub? If you can give us as much information as possible I'm sure we can help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lasar0n
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

The line is working now, but the broadband isn't. The light on the hub still remains steady orange. Customer service said there was a major outage in our area and many people are affected, spoken to neighbours and no one else has that problem, when I rang BT again there was a message saying the issue has been fixed and my case was closed but still no broadband. We are so heavily reliant on the broadband, even to watch SkyQ and operate our heating and BT don't seem to care at all. We have spent more money on additional data on 4 phones.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for confirming that @lasar0n.

Can you please send me over your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lasar0n
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Info sent *****-*****

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for letting me know @lasar0n.

We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lasar0n
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

BT just continue to amaze me! Just called for an update on my fault and I'm being told the outage that was in my area affecting my broadband has now been resolved, however I still have no broadband! And it gets better! They need to send an engineer out but I have to wait until Monday! That's another 5 days! And I could be charged up to £130 for the engineer! Are you serious BT! How are you allowed to get away with this! 22 days I have to wait for someone to come out and I may be charged for the privilege! Thanks BT, you certainly know how to look after your customers!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

that is Openreach's normal lead time 3 working days and you will only be charged if there are any faults on your internal wiring after the master socket or equipment connected to them
0 Ratings
lasar0n
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

There's an openreach van up and down my road every 30 minutes, I even spoke to one right on my doorstep this morning and practically begged him to look at my line! You would think BT would have some exceptions, especially as I've had no broadband for such a long time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

BT do not get any preferential service from Openreach
under OFCOM rules

Openreach provide and maintain the network on behalf of 500+ providers of which BT is just one
0 Ratings