Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alicesmith100
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

No internet due to redirect to the BTWholesale service information page

Hi,

I recently requested to move my broadband to Sky from BT but after Sky tried to contact BT Openreach to start my order, and failed for some reason, I've now lost connection to the internet. This was on 8th May. I've since spoken to Sky who have cancelled the order and started another one but they aren't sure if it's something they did that caused this. BT sent an engineer out to my property who said everything is working correctly. I have a blue light on my router but when I try to go to a website on any device I get redirected to the Service Information page from BTWholesale. BT customer service don't know how to resolve this issue, please can someone look into it for me? BT are sending me a new router but I doubt this will fix the issue as it looks like my connection is being blocked by BTWholesale somewhere.

Thanks for you help,

Alice

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: No internet due to redirect to the BTWholesale service information page

You are re-directed because you are no longer a BT customer but are still connected to the BT equipment. You need to get SKY to sort it out.

0 Ratings
Alicesmith100
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi thanks for the reply but I am still a BT customer until the internet gets changed over, which is currently set for the 28th May.

Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

It sounds as though somebody has jumped the gun and ceased your account with BT.

I'll ask if one of the mods could investigate.

Message 5 of 12

Hi @Alicesmith100  and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your broadband. I'm sorry you're having problems getting online since placing the move order. I fear @licquorice  is correct. It's possible the cease order for your BT broadband has completed but I can double check that for you. I've sent you a private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Alicesmith100
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Thanks, this maybe the case but it is something I have already asked BT and was told that there isn't a cease on my account, but please double check that. I'll respond to your private message as well. Thanks
0 Ratings
parthabus
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Hi, sorry to hear about the issue. In the details you have mentioned that BT is sending a new Hub. Does that mean your broadband connection with BT is still active. If that is so - then go to the Hub manager page through 192.168.1.254. Then go to advanced setting and then to wireless. Check if the SSID is splitted. If not then split it and refresh the channels. Then go to smart setup and turn it off. Now restart the router and wait till it turns blue. Then try to browse the internet = you will be able to do that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@parthabus  Sorry but that won't help at all. This is an authentication problem at the BT BRAS, nothing to do with the hub at all.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi @Alicesmith100 

I have sent you the private message as agreed.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Alicesmith100
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Hi I've sent Robbie a private message but I've not received a response, please can someone see if he's seeing my message, or is there someone else I can speak to regarding my final bill?

0 Ratings