Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lesleyg86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

No internet

Go to solution
Hi I was hoping someone could give me some help/advice.

Last Friday my internet went down about 11am I contacted bt and was told there was no faults no problems (despite me saying all my neighbours bt hubs weren’t showing on my WiFi list and the downdetector site was showing many reports) the person I spoke to told me my hub was probably broke and as bt were offering me an upgrade to super fast fibre broadband to get me off copper wires I should take the offer and the new hub would sort my problem. Saturday morning my internet was back on and my neighbours hubs were once again showing on my WiFi list so the problem wasn’t me.

Wednesday I received my new smart hub plugged it in and it was flashing purple, didn’t work went back to my old hub flashing orange, no internet looked on my WiFi list all my neighbours bt hubs weren’t showing either, looked on the downdetector website and seen over 157 reports from all over the uk from when my internet went down to. There was at least 6 bt vans in my street a few days ago apparently installing fibre optics so I’m not sure if this is related to my issue.

It’s now Friday I’ve had no internet since Wednesday the new hub is still flashing purple. My fibre isn’t getting activated until the 23rd (not sure if the switch would fix whatever the problem is?) but I was told I could use my current internet with the new hub anyway (not that I have any internet) I noticed walking along my street checking my WiFi list on my phone the only bt hubs it picks up are bt hub 6 the ones that are already on fibre I’m assuming as this is the name of my new hub.

I’ve spoke to so many people from bt in the past few days who keep telling me there’s no issues, there’s no faults, it must be me, check my wires, try different sockets (I have the new hub, I bought a new microfilter and phone line extension just incase and still no internet) All I’m seeing is people on twitter saying they have the exact same problem as me and their internet went down at the same time yet bt continuously tell me to check my number on the service status page which isn’t showing any issues (as it didn’t last Friday either)

Thank you

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: No internet

Go to solution

did you check here for problems  https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

does your phone work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Lesleyg86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply. Phones fine and the bt website still doesn’t show any faults in my area (but like u said it went down last Friday all day and no faults were shown then)

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Lesleyg86 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry that you have no internet at the moment.  We'd be happy to pick this up from here and get a fault reported.  The only issue is, I can see that your fibre upgrade is going to complete on Tuesday and it is unlikely we would be able to get the fault fixed by then.  The engineer that connects your fibre service will make sure all is working.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Lesleyg86 

Did you check that your phone number was correct, just in case you line had got crossed with another?

Dial 147017070, you will get an announcement telling you your phone number.

Check this against the phone number shown on your bill, to make sure its the same.

Lesleyg86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you I’ve messaged you the information
0 Ratings
Lesleyg86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Yes correct number my dial tones fine to it just seems to be the internet. I haven’t had any problems with bt until I started seeing bt vans in my street doing fibre optics.

Thanks for replying
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It sounds like the ADSL broadband equipment had been disconnected in the exchange, but your line has not  yet been  connected via the fibre cabinet yet, or its been connected through, and the port is faulty. That would be unusual, as it quite a few days before you are due to be changed over.

Until you are changed over, your original home hub should have still worked on ADSL.

I am sure that @RobbieMac  or one of the other moderators will be able to find out what is going on.

Lesleyg86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for this information I appreciate it. The person I spoke to last Friday did say i would be able to use the new router with my original connection until it was activated. I have tried both the routers and still nothing new one flashes purple old one flashes orange. My phone lines fine and I’ve replaced all my wires/micro filters etc so I could eliminate the problem being on my end.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Lesleyg86 ,

Thanks for sending over the details, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on your thread. I can see @RobbieMac  has sorted this for you but if you have any other questions let us know ad we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David