cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

No updates on faults

Is there any reason that I reported a fault 4 days ago, have gone more than 3 hours past the estimated fix time and still haven't had a single update?

I've only had bt for 9 days and the first 5 was very patchy, this last 4 no broadband at all 😁

I've left my last 2 providers due to poor service, should I just cancel straight away????
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: No updates on faults

Did you try here. https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/home/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scottkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

That's what led me here. I tried to do a live chat but it just won't connect.
I was just wondering if this is usual for bt, not bothering to keep me updated 🙄
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

You need to keep checking yourself.  BT will just ipdate as they get information from openreach who are responsible for repairing the line not BT RETAIL your ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scottkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

To be honest, saying openreach don't give the info to bt is a cop out, we all know they're the same company. Not having a service for half the time I've been with them is terrible and failing to keep me informed is ridiculous.

I think my next port of call may be a Twitter rant
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

The point that they are the same company get raised all the time  openreach cannot give any preference to BT RETAIL as they must treat all ISPs the same and the other ISPs would be the first to report any preferential treatment to OFCOM

its up to you to check up on the progress of your reported fault

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Openreach is a BT GROUP company but it operates totally independently of BT Retail your provider under rules laid down by OFCOM BT Retail do not get preferential treatment over any other service provider

this link explains the BT GROUP http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/Ourcompany/Groupbusinesses/index.htm

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Scottkr and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. You've mentioned leaving previous providers due to poor service. Was that down to connection issues as well? If so that would point to network problems. Are you able to run a speed test? Are there any lights on the hub? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Scottkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

I've done the test through bt.com and they say that there is an issue between my house and the exchange so that explains why I have always had connection problems, however, it's worse with bt than it was with sky and talk talk.

I'm just frustrated that when I go into the fault on the mybt app, it still shows that the estimated fix time is yesterday at 5pm and I would be updated. But I haven't had a single communication and that is pure and simple lack of customer service
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for confirming that @Scottkr.

You might need an engineer visit to get this sorted. Have you tried contacting the faults live chat team to check on the progress of the fault? Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings