cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sirshelley
Message 1 of 11

Noise issue + DNS Reset request

Go to solution

Below is a link to a screeshot demonstring ADSL stats and uptime for my router/modem

http://clip2net.com/s/3iwOLT1

Internet speed and noise increased roughly two weeks ago following a malfunctioning microfilter - that has subsequently been replaced.

I have read on other posts that following an unstable connection an automated BT system attenuates bandwidth in response ,reducing speed.
I have also read that after 3-5 days of a stable connection the same system will attempt to reverse these precautions in 3DB intervals. And that if this fails to take place I either have an issue with my line (which is extremely unlikely considering the circumstances) and that I should contact a forum moderator in order to process a DNS reset request.

If my research/assumptions are correct I am happy to supply any info further required.
Otherwise I appreciate any advice in advance.
-J.Shelley

P.s I have performed these same tests on the main phone connection with similar results indicating extension wiring is functioning fine.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Noise issue + DNS Reset request

Go to solution
Please delete your phone number this is a public forum viewable world wide and you are leaving your self open to scammers and nuisance callers
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

you cannot get a DNS reset you mean a noise margin reset

this is your problem

Due to all the disconnections / restarts of your hub you are now in a banded profile you need to maintain a stable connection for 3/5 days and you will start to lift out of the banding automatically
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/broadband_terminology.shtml

Sirshelley
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks for that one : Deleted
0 Ratings
Sirshelley
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Apologies for incorrect terminology. (Im an electronic engineer only specalising in chips)

As you can see my connection has an uptime of 75 hours - just over 3 days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Your connection time is 28 hrs so just stay connected and banding shou,d release automatically in 3/5 days. If you get 3+ days connection time then repost your stats and mods may be able to help

75hrs is system uptime which is not the same

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sirshelley
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Ah ok that explains things ; again terminology issues it seems.
If you would be kind as to let me know what uptime is reffering to?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
connection time length of time connected to internet system up time length of time router has been powered up
Sirshelley
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks for the info; I did perfrom a software commanded reboot during tests.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
just leave the connection alone now please
0 Ratings