Can you reset my noise margin please.

IMG_4571.PNG

0 Ratings
95 REPLIES 95
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 96

Re: Noise margin reset please

Go to solution
I would suggest as you have a stable connection just let the DLM do its job and reduce the noise margin automatically
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 96

Go to solution

Hi @Traumatic and thanks for posting.

@john46 is correct. DLM should take action and lower the noise margin automatically but if you're still stuck in a few days post bad and we'll take a closer look for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Traumatic
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 96

Go to solution
Ever since my post. The line has been disconnecting a few times a day and the speed is now crippled!

On a different matter, I'm hoping you can help me with:

The exchange was upgraded to Fibre, but when I type in my postcode on the website it now doesn't show up with our address. ( the postcode is for our house and 1 other house only)
I rang up BT to say about this, but they weren't bothered at all.
It's not just on the BT website, it's on every broadband site.
Is this something you can help me with? ( it's not a Royal Mail issue, as our address is on there, nothing has changed with our address)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 96

Go to solution

Hi @Traumatic As you postcode only serves two properties do you see another property listed that is incorrect for your post code?

Do you bills contain your correct address details as per Royal Mail?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Traumatic
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 96

Go to solution
It lists the same property twice ( one at the end of drive) as south bungalow and then north bungalow as well.

The bills are correct and nothing has changed with our address. The only thing I can think of, is when they have updated the exchanged, they have missed us off the system
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 96

Go to solution

Hi @Traumatic,

Thanks for posting. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you so please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 96

Go to solution

Hi @Traumatic I have got the address details updated for you this morning. Please can you check and confirm back for me.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Traumatic
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 96

Go to solution

Hi John,

I noticed it was updated on Friday, so i sent a message through the 'form' but i'm yet to receive a message back.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 96

Go to solution

Hi @Traumatic Thanks for posting back and as you have an open case it's best to update the thread rather than send in another form as that goes back into the queue and will only be picked up when it gets to the top. 

I have checked and the connection has been stable recently and I have requested the SNR reset for you and that should be completed within 24hrs.

Fibre is enabled and you can get faster broadband but you should be able to achieve a better connection speed with the copper broadband.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings