cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Noisy line and broadband dropping like Morse code

I have done all the online tests and all have come back clear but my broadband drops momentarily Al the time. I didn't notice it too much untill I got an echo dot and was playing music through it and it's just relentless!!! My smart TV was the first thing that drew my attention to it (this is connected to the hub via ethernet cable) as sometimes when trying to use Netflix or Amazon prime the screen would indicate no internet connection!  Bit the echo has shown me just how badly we are affected. The phone line was noisy too but I dialled 17070 and used option 4 which seems to have helped for now!! Anyone had similar issues but no fault on the online diagnostics? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Noisy line and broadband dropping like Morse code

Have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps connection and stability by eliminating your internal wiring and master faceplate,

when you do quiet line test and dial option 2 is it totally silent?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply ! Line is not silent on whistling test.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I feel your line is not silent on quiet line test option 2 then report a phone fault NOT broadband to 150 and get engineer visit. Get rid of the line noise and that will help your broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Sorry auto correct strikes again line is NOW quiet on listening test!!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Did yôu try using the test socket to see if that helps your connection?

if noise is intermittent then you need to keep checking but would be better connecting to test socket to eliminate internal wiring

0 Ratings