cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 64

Not sure what service I'm on..

Hi - I should have migrated over to fibre on the 6th Aug. BT have put me on copper in error. My migration date for fibre is now the 22nd.

I know it might sound like a silly question but I don't know what they've put me on. This is what's it's showing. 

Mode: G.DMT Annex A

DSLAM.jpg

On my previous ISP, it said ADSL2+. My speed is also a lot slower. When I was migrated on the 6th my download speed was 6.5mb+. An engineer came out on Sat due to the low speeds. But that was only because BT thought I was on fibre & it transpired I wasn't. I was on copper.  Nevertheless, the engineer did sort my line out ready for fibre. Apparently there was noise & a lot of errors on the line. He said he'd changed the D & E side & then did a lift & shift.  After he'd left, my download  speed has dropped to 3.5mb & hasn't budged since..

I now have a huge chunk missing out my tones. Whilst my bit-loading wasn't brilliant on my previous ISP & when I first migrated on the 6th, this looks much worse. I didn't have that big missing chunk.  Will this effect me on fibre or will I have to wait until the 22nd to find out?

Bitloading-2019-08-11-07.08.03.png

I could do with getting my speed back up to 6.5mb but the most important thing is, will this new line have any bearing on my fibre connection?  It definitely looks worse than before, albeit with a lot less errors..

0 Ratings
63 REPLIES 63
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 64

Re: Not sure what service I'm on..

from what you have posted you are now on adslmax not adsl2  if you are moving to fibre in a few days maybe not worth bothering about unless causing you a problem

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 64

Hi - Thanks,  I thought as much. It's not a major issue. BTOR must have changed it or they put me onto the wrong service when they did the lift & shift on Saturday. Prior to the visit on Sat my attainable speed in my stats was over 8mb when I first migrated & it's now 4284. A fairly big drop. I just wanted to make sure that this wouldn't affect my fibre connection with having those big chunks missing..

DSL_Stats.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 64

as you can see when you move to fibre your connection should be in range 52/35mb  the fact you are on adslmax at present won't affect you when you get fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 64

Hi - It's just a pain to be on a slower speed than I was on before due to another admin error.  I thought switching from ADSL Max is just a press of a button & then an overnight wait?  I was hoping somebody here might be able to press that button 😀

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 64

the forum mods could help but will probably be a few days for you case to reach top of queue and another day or so for order to process and happen  would hate for it to muck up you probably long awaited move to fibre but up to you 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 64

Ok - No worries. Thanks..
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 64

Hi @8062282  what @imjolly  says is true and I can add that your current order for fibre would need to be cancelled first and then a new order placed once the changeover is completed. 

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 64

Hi - I don't fully understand how all this migration stuff works, as this is the 1st time I've changed ISP.   When I was accidentally put on copper instead of fibre on the 6th, my speed was a lot higher. I think maybe, when they did the lift & shift on Saturday, I might have been re-connected wrong. I was on ADSL2+ with my old ISP.  

Due to an admin error with the migration order not being submitted to my old ISP & the migration date not being pushed out to the 22nd, BT kidnapped me from my old ISP on the original connection date of the 6th & put me on copper instead of fibre. Not sure why, as there's space in the cabinet. Technically, I should still be with my old ISP till the 22nd & as such, am paying for their services until the 22nd even though I'm connected via BT.

BT are dealing with the admin error though, it's just the fact that I noticed I wasn't connected to ADSL2+ & I think I should be..

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 64

@JohnC2 - Just been to look at my account on-line & it looks like they've put me on a 15GB a month account. No idea how long 15GB will last, but I can't imagine it's that long.  I don't want to be paying when it's not my mistake. Would it be possible to look into it or do I need to phone 0800 800150?  Thanks..

0 Ratings