cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 31 of 64

Re: Not sure what service I'm on..

Hi - I appreciate that. All I’m trying to get at is, my line is definitely worse than it was previously. I’m panicking because if it’s worse on copper I’m going to end up with a worse connection on VDSL prior to this lift & shift..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 64

Provided you are getting the speed range that is specified in your contract, that is all that is required. If its not, then you will get free visits until its within range.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 33 of 64

Hi - Unfortunately for me, when I migrate over to fibre on the 22nd I’ll have nothing to compare it to. All I know is, in terms of speed, that’s a lot less than my previous ISP & I still have a problem with the SNR going up at night but not coming down during the day.  

If I decided to kick this order into touch & stay with my old ISP, I’d actually be worse off than I was before & that’s why I left them 😀

Currently I’m up the creek without a paddle or at least it feels like that.

Am I understanding you right in that the HH6 is prone to disconnects? The modem I’m using currently is really good..

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 34 of 64

Provided you are getting the speed range that is specified in your contract, that is all that is required. If its not, then you will get free visits until its within range.

Thats what’s worrying me. As I’m worse off now, I don’t know whether I would’ve got better on fibre & if I’m in within range, I’ll just have to make do..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 64

You are panicking unnecessarily, just wait and see what happens when you get your VDSL service.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 36 of 64

Hi - I’m a woman - I’m allowed to panic unnecessarily 🤣😂

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 64

😀😀

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 38 of 64

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

If the SNR is going up at night, that indicates an improvement in the line conditions, so perhaps something during the day is affecting those frequencies. It would be worth noting the time that this happens.

Just home from work, looking at the my data, it's going up about 23.25 each night. It came down to 7.1dB about 11.45.

As you can see the errors are negligible as of 5 minutes ago. If there was noise, I would assume it would be represented in an increase in errors. These figures look quite good to me.

Average error rates for 14 Aug 2019

CRC erors per hour: 1.31 Down, 0 Up
FEC erors per hour: 13.7 Down, 0 Up
HEC erors per hour: 5.23 Down, 0 Up
ES per hour: 0.97 Down, 0 Up
SES per hour: 0 Down, 0 Up
Total ES in the day: 17 Down, 0 Up

Yesterdays errors which includes the errors from tests that BT were doing on the HR fault still look OK. It did include 3 disconnects which didn't help though:

Average error rates for 13 Aug 2019

CRC erors per hour: 5.39 Down, 0 Up
FEC erors per hour: 196 Down, 0 Up
HEC erors per hour: 20.4 Down, 261 Up
ES per hour: 10.0 Down, 0 Up
SES per hour: 7.21 Down, 0 Up
Total ES in the day: 231 Down, 0 Up

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 39 of 64

How frustrating is this. My SNR has just gone up to 13.4dB. My attainable rate is now 5384 which is 2.5Mb/3Mb lower than it is normally. My speed is still stuck at 3904.

SNRMargin-2019-08-14-20.12.04.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 64

Hi -  Can somebody kindly explain how this 'BT Community' actually works?  If a customer has an issue what exactly is meant to happen & what are the timescales of it being picked up?  

I've been robbed of 40% of my speed due to this lift & shift & I just have to to sit back & accept that. The DLM, despite a very low error count, is not increasing my speed from 3904 & I just have to sit back & accept that. I've been put onto the wrong copper service (ADSLMax) & just have to sit back & accept that? Despite the fibre order, I fail to see why that should stop BT getting open reach putting me on the right service (ADSL2+), at least. Where there's a will, there's a way. I just seem to be met with complete disinterest!!

Trying to get the line optimised is like getting blood from a stone. I assume the MODs can see your stats & error counts etc prior to doing the optimisation?

The SNR is going up at night along with my attainable speed  but the DLM isn't increasing my speed from 3904.  Have I been capped or banded?  Clearly there's an issue there. I also have a huge chunk of missing tones that I didn't have before the lift & shift.  I've been connected for 9 days now & this download speed, along with the attainable speed is unacceptable based on my past performance. Prior to the lift & shift, I was getting 6.57Mb download, now it's a tad over 3Mb.

Why should a customer be expected to accept something that's worse than they had before? I didn't agree to being put onto a copper line (and the wrong one at that). I was meant to be connected to fibre. I can't even use the phone as the HR fault wasn't fixed on Saturday..

If I decided to abandon BT & go back to my old ISP, I'd be on a worse line, regards speed,  than I was before? I'm being constantly told  'wait until you're on fibre'. I'm still going to have the same copper lines though. I will never now what speed I've lost, due to this lift & shift. It's going to be lost forever or at least until some wonderful new service comes our way & gets rid of the copper lines, or by some miracle, I'm actually put onto a line that was comparable to my old one..

Feeling rather disappointed at the moment. I've been getting a rubbish service from my previous ISP so I honestly though BT were going to be the answer to my prayers...

0 Ratings