cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 64

Re: Not sure what service I'm on..

The forum is a customer to customer self help forum unless the mods (the only BT staff here) get involved by offering an invite as @JohnC2  did in message 12. Did you respond to that invitation by answering his PM.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 42 of 64

Hi - That was in relation to the copper service I'd been put on showing a usage limit of 15Gb a month. I answered that on the thread. It's showing as unlimited in MyBT. I did answer the PM though..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 64

Not sure what you are expecting anybody to do to be honest, you are due to be transferred to FTTC next week and until that happens there is really nothing for anybody to do as it would just delay things even further.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 64

this is a customer help customer forum and only BT employees are forum mods  your posts on the forum do not go to BT but may be read by mods although they do not read all the posts

you get replies to your posts as and when a forum member/customer thinks they can help

you could have had your line changed to adsl2 but were advised if that was to happen your existing order for fibre would need to be cancelled and then resubmitted after change to adsl2 took place - which can take a few days or even longer   must admit I thought at the time you chose to wait rather than disturb your order for FTTC

you have seen the dslchecker results showing expected speed range for your phone number and if after your new FTTC is active you are not in that range then you can get engineer to find out cause and fix it

your connection speed range would have been same regardless of lift and shift

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 45 of 64

Despite going over to fibre on the 22nd shouldn't stop people putting right, what's gone wrong. You make it sound like it's an impossible task. I still have an issue with my line despite the lift & shift. The speed isn't budging. That should be rectified by optimising the line (I hope). I've already posted earlier in the thread & asked for @JohnC2's assistance & there was no response.  I don't want to put up with this speed just because I'm going over to fibre next week. Everybody's assuming that all the issue's are going to go away, once I'm on fibre & I'm just expected to sit back & wait..

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 46 of 64

@imjolly - Whether my speed is within the' connection speed range' is irrelevant here. I didn't expect to lose 40% of my speed & still have issues afterwards. I expect the speed to be better or at least the same as I had. This is 40% worse after the lift & shift. As I said earlier in the thread, as a customer, if a mistakes been made, I shouldn't have to do anything to get it rectified, once it's pointed out. I really don't see why I should have to cancel an order so I can be be put onto the right service & then have to place another order for fibre.  That shouldn't be my problem, should it? I don't even know if it was BT that arranged to have me connected to ADSLMax instead of ADSL2+ or whether OR made the error. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 64

The problem with BT systems is you can only have one order on your line at a time so if you want to move to adsl2 you need to cancel any existing order not yet completed. If that is what you want then get mods to action it. Remember you will then need to order FTTC again after your move to adsl2 is complete there then could be a similar waiting time to you have experienced for openreach to schedule in your upgrade to FTTC

It is a BT system constraint that you can only have one order active at a time

so really choice is yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 64

Hi, @8062282 I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with your broadband speed. If you reply to @JohnC2's private message with the information he requested we'll be happy to take a look at this for you. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 49 of 64

@NeilO - Done. Thanks..

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 50 of 64

@imjolly - I appreciate what your saying with regards to the constraints on the system & I'm not trying trying to be deliberately awkward with my responses 😀. Despite what your saying, I still don't think the customer should be inconvenienced by a mistake that isn't of their own doing..

I work in customer support for a very large company & if we make a mistake, we doing everything in our power to put that mistake right, as quickly as possible. The only difference is, our products costs millions rather than a few pounds a month. Should that make a difference?  I would like to think it didn't..

0 Ratings