cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 64

Re: Not sure what service I'm on..

I will watch with interest to see if you get on to adsl2 and then moved to FTTC on expected date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 52 of 64

@imjolly - I suspect, like me, we'll be waiting for the impossible 😀  At the end of day, that bit isn't the main sticking point. I have to go forwards onto fibre as I can't go back due to OR putting me on a worse line than I had before. I'm sort of stuck with BT whether I like it or not. That's the sticking point, along with the speed that I've lost & the fact that, potentially, it's lost for ever. Having nothing to compare it to, I'll never know.

I just hope for my sake, it all works out well in the end..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 64

As I said already the estimated speed range shown on the dslchecker results would be the same regardless which line you were on.  The checker is based on your connection for your phone number and not the actual line specific or the line quality.  For example it cannot tell if a line is aluminium or copper or poor or good.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 54 of 64

Hi - But it isn't. Prior to the lift & shift my download speed was nearly 7Mb. Now, it's a tad over 3Mb. I've lost nearly 4Mb. Not all lines are equal. Some better, some worse. Unfortunately, I've been given a worse one..

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 55 of 64

@imjolly - Just as a matter of interest. I have a high resistance fault which OR are in the process of fixing. Do you think when that's fixed that'll have any bearing on the line other than the telephone not screwing up the broadband when I receive or make a call?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 64

If you still have an HR fault that will definitely be affecting your broadband. I thought the HR fault had been cleared by all the pair swaps.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 57 of 64

Hi - I thought it would've been as well. It was the first thing I tested after he left. As soon as you ring my number the DS error seconds start going up & up until you end the call. I haven't even got a phone plugged in.. I did text him so he knew it hadn't been resolved. He closed the case even though I still had the fault. I've had to report it again...

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 58 of 64

As of last night at 20.30 the HR fault still hasn't been fixed. I'm still on this appalling speed of 3904 which is a lot slower than my previous ISP. The lift & shift I had done on the 10th to sort a noisy line out has put me on a slower line. I still have the same issue as I had previously in that the SNR is going up at night & then coming down at some point. When the SNR goes up, my attainable speed is about 3.5Mb slower than I previously had yet my line rate is still stuck at 3904.  Whilst nobody else seems  concerned, I am.  I assume because it's not affecting 'you', you're not bothered that it's happening to 'me'.  

The customer support from BT is shockingly bad on here & I've clearly misunderstood what this forum is for. The MODs on my previous ISP took an active part in their forum & answered each post. Whether they could help was a different matter but at least they answered every post. Getting your line optimised was just a matter of asking. 

When BT opens for business I'm phoning to complain as my concerns about the way this migration has taken place seems to have fallen on deaf ears.  BT are the largest telecommunication company in the UK & as such you would expect a high level of service. Sadly this isn't the case..

I've had to phone BT several times about aspects of this migration & there's been zero communication back on the questions I've asked. 

@NeilO @JohnC2 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 59 of 64

I've just been talking to the faults department at BT. Optimising the line apparently through BT is quite a ridiculous scenario, so much so, I gave up listening.

The young lady went off to talk to her supervisor about the possibility of getting this done & whilst I was on hold, the internet disconnected. I accrued a spike in DS ES, FEC & CRC errors. When I was re-connected, my SNR had dropped to 6.4 dB, the attainable speed had gone up to 7074 & my download speed was 6884. All the tones that were missing between 136 & 180 re-appeared. Great I thought, it's all sorted.

When she came back, she hadn't optimised the line as I thought had happened.  I then checked the HR fault on-line & that had been reported as being fixed,  just as I was talking to her.  We parted company as I was happy that my speed was OK at 6884.  I've had a further disconnect since, whereby the attainable speed has dropped to 6876 & the line speed has dropped to 6688. The FEC & CRC errors are now going up along with the DS ES. 

My next check was the HR fault. You've guessed it, it's not been fixed!!  No idea what they did, maybe they reversed the lift & shift?  Maybe I'll get another disconnect from the DLM to alleviate these errors which are now accumulating. Due to the all the accumulating errors, I doubt that my speed is going to stay 6688. I can only live in hope..

Another fault has just appeared on my tracker 'Broadband - Slow Connection' & the date it's due to be fixed is the 22nd Aug. 22nd Aug is the day I'm due to go on fibre. What about the HR fault they said they'd fixed, but haven't?

Seriously,  you couldn't write this, it's just a shambles..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 60 of 64

looks like 'they' have just reset your noise margin hence noise margin about normal 6db and speed increased.. what up speed does the router show?

0 Ratings