cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 61 of 64

Re: Not sure what service I'm on..

Hi - After two disconnects, I'm currently sat at 6688 with an SNR of 6.5dB. The errors are back to where they were previously, before the lift & shift. The FECs & the CRCs are constant now & the DS errors are also going up. Below is how the DS errors have changed since the HR fault was 'supposedly' fixed this morning. The little spike at 21.00 last night is me testing for the HR fault.  This has only changed since the HR fault was reported as being fixed this morning (but hasn't). 

ES-2019-08-17-12.46.44.png

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 62 of 64

The HR fault was supposedly fixed  at 09.46 this morning. It hasn't. No idea what OR have done this morning. If a lift & shift was done & I still have the same errors prior to the lift & shift, then the probkem is from the cabinet to the house (I hope). Surely 2 lines from the exchange to the cabinet can't have the same fault. I'm not even convinced that a lift & shift was done. Because the speed suddenly went down to 3904 when the lift & shift was done & wouldn't budge, I suspect I was banded at a low speed to keep the errors down.  Now the speed has increased, all the errors are increasing again..

I really hope the errors are being produced on the copper lines from the exchange to the cabinet & not the lines from the cabinet to the house or I'm back to square one on VDSL. 

Apparently they don't know where the HR fault is so I have to wait until the 22nd until go on VDSL so they can see which pair of lines the problem is on.  In the meantime I can't use the phone & any incoming calls play havoc with the broadband, sigh... 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 63 of 64

Oh well. the speed didn't last long. Due to the ridiculous amount of errors, I'm now back down to 3904. I'm actually worse off than I was with my previous ISP, sigh. Why oh why did I bother choosing BT 😀

ES-2019-08-17-19.19.15.png

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 64 of 64

@imjolly 

DSLAM_1.jpg

0 Ratings