cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivyriffy
Message 1 of 14

ORDI request

Hi,

I've just moved to a new build and and have been having problems getting BT broadband for the past 2 months. Our details were initially incorrect on the Openreach database - our development was listed as a Fibre service but in fact we only have copper services. This has finally been rectified with openreach I think. We've now been told that our chosen ISP must submit an ORDI request to Openreach as our address is a 'silver' address and needs to be upgraded to 'gold'. However, no one at BT seems to know what this is or give us any clarification as to what we need to do in order to set up a connection. What's weird is that there are some properties (including ones where people moved in after us) that are set up with internet - even through BT. I don't understand why we are having such problems on the same development. 

Please please please can someone help? Can someone please action this and submit the ORDI request. We keep going round and round in circles!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: ORDI request

Hi @ivyriffy,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you haven't been able to set up a broadband service at your new address.

If your address is coming up a "silver", you should still be able to order service. You will need to order the telephone service first and then once that's done you should be able to order Broadband.

If you need help placing your order, I can help you with that. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ivyriffy
Message 3 of 14

Hello,
Thanks for getting back me. I actually tried to order just a telephone service but was told that I could not do so because the system would not allow it.

It seems it still says that my property is served by fibre but not ready to receive a connection (because it is in fact copper), and until this information is rectified through Openreach, I am unable to order broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Hi @ivyriffy

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the problems you're having order a landline and broadband service at your new address.  Back in the day broadband was a luxury but definitely a neccessity in this day and age!

You should still be able to order a line. A potential survey may be needed but either way an order should be able to be put through.  Can you send us over your details?  We will need to take a closer look to see exactly what the issue is.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kuturkokov
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Hi, I have the same issue. Could you assist?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

@Kuturkokov  are you a BT retail customer or who is your current ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kuturkokov
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Currently I have no ISP as no one can match my address. The equipment here is BT. The old postcode picks up on dsl where this is all fibre. I have the MAC and SN of the equipment here.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi @Kuturkokov  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. As you do not have an active telephone line then an Ordi cannot be raised to update your address records.

You mention that it is all fibre in your area. Please input your address into the Availability Checker and post the result (remember to remove the first part of your address before posting) as it may be that you need to speak with the Fibre To The Premises team.

cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kuturkokov
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

My place does not seem to exist. All results come back as an error saying there is no service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

If problems with address the use post code  not as accurate but should give result

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings