Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: OpReach work has affected DSL connection

Go to solution

hope you got callback but often used by call centre to terminate call knowing you won't get them when you phone back.  maybe you were lucky and have now had the call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Got the call back at 7pm.  Not bothered about that though, the woman I spoke to was really nice and sorted an engineer visit for Tuesdsay.

Slightly funny occurrence though, about 10 mins after hanging up with her, I got another call back and she started to say, that the fault has been discovered, and was just about to proceed to tell me what it was and then suddenly stopped, asked my name and then apologised profusely cos shed phoned the wrong person back, she wasn't looking for me at all. My heart sank 🙂

0 Ratings
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Well, I have left my connection alone, in the hopes of improvement, and have now had enough. I don't want to get another engineer out, because to be quite honest my head is sore from all the brickwall banging.

So, could somebody please help me with a couple of things, My SNR margin right now is around 15db, and has been for weeks, so could somebody  point me in the direction aof a mod to get it set to the standard BT 6db please.

Also, for god knows what reason, Interleaving is no longer on, so could I also request that it be turned on again please?

Please don't request stats, I know what I need, and know that the mods I have spoken to in the past obliged and were very helpful, and if they require more info I will gladly provide it, but for now I just want those 2 things sorted out.

Short of that, I'll just get 2 tins, a piece of string, and see if i can get better internet service from that. 😕

Thanks again for reading.

D.

0 Ratings
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Not Sure quite how this is marked as solved, I must have done it woithout thinking, here is a pic of my current stats, as you can see interleaving depth is 1 on both up and down.

Router Stats28 Sept.jpg

0 Ratings