cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3

Re: Options for Disabled

if you enter phone number here this will show what services are available  post results but remember delete number but leave notes  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

as your father no longer uses phone you could get just broadband only

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 2 of 3

Re: Options for Disabled

Have you looked at www.bt.com/hereforyou  - Which is designed to support customers with additional needs.

For specific features on a handset, the EE store has several and you can filter by feature to narrow down the options, have a look at https://store.ee.co.uk/category/telephony,telephones/11206

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Options for Disabled

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on a better telephony solution for my disabled father. About a year ago he had a stroke which means he can no longer speak - but he is quite active and lives alone at home, in a remote village. From the suggestion with social services, we've installed 9 TAPO cameras across the house and a camera doorbell so we need a continuing broadband service to be able check he's okay throughout the day/night.

He currently has BT copper broadband and a telephone line along with a Vodafone mobile contract. He's not a wealthy pensioner and I'm looking at better solutions for his connections - he doesn't need a landline as he can't speak to anyone on it, he needs broadband to enable the cameras to be watched remotely. He likes his mobile to be able to search up bits on the internet but he doesn't use it for speech.

Anyone here know if he qualifies for any assisted services which recognise his disability or what telecoms options would be better for him?

TIA

0 Ratings