cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Phone Line Micro Filter

Go to solution

Hello, 

I recently tested my phone line for a fault, which was the ADSL micro filter, and on the support page, it summarises that BT Broadband members can receive a ADSL micro filter for free.

Where would I be able to order this, as the only place I can find them is on the BT Shop page, but I need to pay for it there.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone Line Micro Filter

Go to solution

Try phoning CS on 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @LT1 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about the micro filter. Can you just clarify that it was the filter that was causing the landline issue? has that now been sorted? How long have you had the filter? If it's faulty you could try calling 150 as posted by @imjolly or you can pick one up quite cheaply at a number of retailers.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM ,

When testing the line last night, I had heard crackling on the quiet line, so I removed the phone from the ADSL filter, and plugged it into the master.  Once I did that, the crackling seems to have stopped. 

I have had the filter for about 1-3 years now, and have just ordered another one, which is due to arrive today.

I will let you know later today if the issue has been fully resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @LT1 ,

Thanks for getting back. Let me know how  it goes with the new filter.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Back again @DavidM ,

It’s been around an hour after inserting the new ADSL filter, and everything seems to be perfect so far.  No noise coming from the phone line and the broadband has improved as well - no jittering or disconnecting.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Sounds like you found the cure @LT1 . Thanks for getting back and letting me know.

Cheers

David