cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Phone calls causing broadband errors..

Hi - A little unsure who to report this to, my ISP or BT. If I have an incoming phone call the SNR goes crazy & there's lot's of upstream errors. If I answer the phone, again, the SNR goes crazy & generates a lot of downstream errors. I've tried 2 different corded phones both connected to a micro filter on the test socket. Thanks..

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone calls causing broadband errors..

From your post you obviously are not a bt customer and get your broadband and phone service from another ISP. you need to report your fault to your ISP who will get openreach engineer to visit

this forum is for customers of BT RETAIL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi - Really sorry, I should have said that I'm due to migrate to BT on Tuesday. Currently on copper but going onto VDSL with BT. It's probably too late to report it to my own ISP..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You would have been better reporting ages ago

however if moving to fibre that will eliminate your copper connection from exchange to the cabinet and may solve your problem. Ifproblem still exists after fibre connected then you need to try from test socket with a filter and if still there then report a phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

OK, thanks for your help. Fingers crossed 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Virtually all connection issues are on the local distribution from the cabinet to the end user, it very rare to find issues on the exchange side.

One thing is for sure, if there are line  or internal wiring issues, it will seen become very obvious once you are on VDSL , but at least you will get free visits until any issues are sorted.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi - OK, thanks. The phone is plugged into a filter which is in the test socket. There is no internal wiring..

0 Ratings