Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
frazerjohnwhite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Phone line and BB connection keeps dropping - BT Home Hub 2.0

Go to solution

My broadband and phone connection keeps dropping.  Its been fine for years and now since all this bad weather we have been having the connection lasts temporarily for a few minutes sometimes more and then all the blue lights start flashing orange, sometimes for a while, and then back to blue.  Could it be that there is a wider problem in the area I am living in my area.  I have tried to report this to BT via the Indian call centre but the best they can offer me is an engineer visit on 20 January (!!) and I may have to pay £130 if the fault is found on my property so I would like to know first if there is a wider probelm affecting others in my area.  Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Phone line and BB connection keeps dropping - BT Home Hub 2.0

Go to solution
Have you checked here https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

Are you connected to the test socket to eliminate any problems caused by internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
frazerjohnwhite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi there, thanks for replying.  I'm about 20 miles south of Guildford and I see from the link you posted that Guildford is one of the areas impacted by severe weather.  I don't know what a test socket is so please enlighten me! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
The test socket is behind the bottom detachable half of your master socket which is the first socket in your home where the bt wires enter from outside

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
frazerjohnwhite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Many thanks - I'll give it a go.

0 Ratings
frazerjohnwhite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks.  When I got home from work the lights were all blue and stayed blue.  I carried out an internal wiring test using the test port method you described above and again all the lights came up blue so I suppose whatever problem it was was outside the property boundary and has since been fixed.  Hurrah! Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
please post back should the problem return
frazerjohnwhite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Shame.  BB still keeps cutting out although its better than it was its annoying that it keeps dropping out.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 if any noise is heard  this needs reporting to BT Faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call once resolved your broaband will start to improve 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
As you are still having problems have you now tried the test socket?

0 Ratings