Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 31

Re: Ping all over the place

patience is a virtue so many people seem to have any these days
fuus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

I'm sorry if my comment sounded rude, but when told by a BT employee that I will recieve a response in a maximum of 2 working days I find it baffling that it should take more than 3...

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Hi fuus,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we're very busy at present but your email is in the queue and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
fuus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

A gent from BT got around to reseting our noise stats, and our line speed rose accordingly, HOWEVER,

I am now experiencing another problem, this evening we have experienced a 20 minute internet blackout between 22:42:21 and around about 23:04:00. Any idea what might have caused this? We experienced exactly the same yesterday also.

Grrrrrrrrrr

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 31

have you checked the status web page for any problems
fuus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Yup, says everything is a-ok aside from my previous open report.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

is the problem with wireless or wired or both?

as you have a HH4 if you are using wireless devices did you try resetting lease time to 21 days instead of default 1 day?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 31

your open fault report is not shown on the broadband status web page https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31 click on the broaaband and email button you can also try 08001690199 service status phone number
Highlighted
fuus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Problem was with both wired and wireless. No data getting to the outside world at all...

Will try increasing lease time

Forgive me, nothing on the status page for my area.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
fuus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

So issue currently:

1) Mod resets noise stats, connection rises to 4.8Mb down. Fab

2) At around 10pm consistently router completely stops allowing outbound or inbound connections.

3) This lasts indefinitely until I do a manual router reboot

4) our connection speed drops due to the reboot and stays low as our noise profile doesn't seem to want to update...

What is going on here?!

0 Ratings