cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukraider12
Message 1 of 7

Please Help ! Broadband needs reset

I had an engineer visit yesterday to fix a phone line fault, He seemed to fix it but said the broadband would need resetting. The same thing happened a year ago and it took me about 20 calls until I found someone in England who knew what I was talking about and sorted it in 10 minutes. I have just had the day from hell talking to various people in the indian call centre who just dont seem to know what I am talking about !

My BB speed is just so slow and it was about 6500 before the fault.

Can anyone help me and reset the broadband ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Please Help ! Broadband needs reset

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Unless you have a hh4 can you post t he adsl stats from your router and then run btspeedtester diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ukraider12
Message 4 of 7

I am not using a BT home hub, I have a CISCO ADSL Router.

My speed test is as follows

Down 0.05

Up 0.38

Ping 164.63

I.P Profile 0.14

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

can you please post the details from your router noise margin attenuation and any error message it shows
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Can you also post the full further diagnostics section of the BT speedtest
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Your profile is rock bottom at 0.14mb due to your connection dropping and at one time your connection speed be ing very low. Your profile will recover automatically given a stable connection 24/7 for 3/5 days. It would help if you can post stats from your router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings