cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
da260267
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Poor broadband speed ant the worst customer service I have ever had the mis-fortune to deal with!

I first reported a fault with my broadband via the email service on the home page 3 weeks ago, after several emails and texts from BT saying they would call at my requested time I gave up waiting.  I took half a day off work and called them last Thursday.  I am told by one customer services operator that there is a fault with my line.  I was then cut off.  My next call I was told there was no fault on my line until they checked the records of the previous operator and then they said it was slow and they would make alterations to the settings.  I was told they would call me tonight (Monday 22) between 6.30-8.30.  So I wait. At 8.15 I get a text saying they have tried to call but couldn't get through, but if I text back they will call back and that they are open till 9 at night.  So I text back and get a reply saying they close at 8.

I have now been waiting approx. 20 minutes for one of these so called customer services operators to contact me.

If anyone from BT is reading this please let your management know that this is the worst service I have ever received. 

Sky wasn't brilliant but it was 10 times better than this, I am sure I will be cut off soon when their office closes.

Does anyone know if BT monitors this forum?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Poor broadband speed ant the worst customer service I have ever had the mis-fortune to deal with

this is a customer to customer support forum but there are mods on here that might be able to help but it can take a few days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Re: Poor broadband speed ant the worst customer service I have ever had the mis-fortune to deal with

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you have a hh5 can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

can you run btspeedtester snd when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results. 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
da260267
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Download speed 0.25

Upload speed 0.35

Means nothing to me, that's why I am trying to get customer service.

On the plus side they answered the phone after 30 minutes but then I was cut off!!!!

I did however get another message saying they would call me back, I wait in anticipation lol

0 Ratings
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

0.25 down ouch!

this is what we need as it gives good info for others to advise. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

a screen shot would be better if possible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You need to post router stats if you have a hh5. That will help others help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

From the checker there is no infinity available so are you on adsl and just posted on wrong board?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8
Moved:

0 Ratings