Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westendboy
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Poor upstream rate.

Go to solution

Hi guys. 

I`ve been with BT Broadband for several months now and I`m a bit disappointed with my upstream speed.

Because of the limitations of my Homehub,  I`ve never been able to check my SNR`s etc so I`ve replaced it temporarilly with an old Netgear I had lying around and discovered why.

The upstream SNR is set to 27db. Downstream is fine and set to 6 - 7db. TBH the downstream rate is much better than my previous provider and I realise that if it is possible to alter the upstrean SNR then it`s possible that I may lose some downstream speed but I don`t mind that at all.

Is a SNR tweak something that the Mods could look at?

Thanks.

Netgear stats.png  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Poor upstream rate.

Go to solution
Your upload is correct for ADSL Max which is the service you are on
westendboy
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Cheers @john46, I wasn`t aware that was the situation. With my previous provider I was getting 1024kbps up and around 6000kbps down. Is there any chance of an explanation as to why that should be? (It was Sky by the way so maybe LLU could be a factor).

I know they are two different systems at the exchange but 448kbps up seems a little meagre by todays standards. lol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
yes it was because your old provider was LLU
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Johnhas jumped the gun here.

You may be able to get ADSL2/2+, which could boost your upload.

Can you put your telephone number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and paste a screenshot of the results?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
westendboy
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Webby.  Here`s the result:-

Screenshot from 2017-08-08 06_13_53.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Yeah ASDL2 is available and should see an improvement in your upload speed.

However, you do realise that BT Infinity is also available? This would give speeds of around 52meg download and 9meg upload if you went for Infinity 1.

Persoanlly, if uploading is important, I wouldn't bother wasting my time with ADSL2, the best you'd get is around 8-900kbps. Infinity would give you ten times that amount.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings