Day 5 In the TEST SOCKET:
The noise margin has stayed around 3dB - 4dB, Latency still set as Fast.
I will be reconnecting the homehub to the new Openreach "vdsl" master socket, and seeing if the problem comes back (but hopefully not )
Hub Stats from test socket:
I have now replaced the faceplate to the new master socket ( have to say was quit fiddly compared to the previous adsl filtered master socket :L )
I have also tried dialling 17070 and the noise margin stayed about the same, with not much of an increase in errors.
New stats from Master Socket:
Lets see what happens
Just over 27 hours with the homehub connected to the Master socket and everything else connected as normal.
The noise margin stays about the same when using the landline phone. The latency is still set to fast.
Also liking how the line attenuation has decreased by about 1dB since the engineer visit
So I have no idea what had caused the fault, but all seems to have been fixed. Hopefully
Here's the stats:
Haha sorry another stats update :L
Just over 49 hours in the Openreach (VDSL) master socket with everything connected as normal. Snr staying about the same when using the phone 🙂
Here's the stats:
Just over 97 hours with the home hub connected to the master socket as normal.
The snr has slowly gone to a target of 3dB on Fast latency.
There have been no problems with the snr dropping and errors increase alot when using the phone. The snr stays about the same when on the phone.
Thinking the latency type may change from fast to interleaved soon
Stats from "vdsl" master socket:
It's now been 6 days, 06:29:58 with every thing connected as normal and using the vdsl master socket. All's been fine with the phone and snr and that.
However today I have noticed that the webpages seem to slowly load and that BBC iPlayer and Youtube doesn't seem to want to play but saying "insufficient bandwidth".
I think this maybe due to the number of errors being built up on the line over the last 6days due to the latency being set to fast.
any ideas? maybe get it back to interleaved?
1) BBC iPlayer speedtest:
2) BT Wholesale speed test:
IP Profile: Not working
3) Thinkbroadband Speedtest:
On that loop loss on a Max connection jac .... you really need the interleave, which incidently will probably apply itself automatically in due course.
Running a 3db margin at night will be causing the poor throughput, as the bitloading will be poor, that is why the line rates are not good at night.
Your connection will have been reset, and thus that is why you're running fastpath and with a low margin.
To get the noise margin back to 6db, do a reset at NIGHT when the bitloading is poor. What will happen is the connection sync speed will drop marginally, but the margin will come back in, and the line will bitload at night.
Then let the line errors change the fastpath mode to interleave automatically, when its ready.
It's far better to have a slightly depleted linespeed that works day and night, rather than the best sync rate that only bitloads during the daylight hours.
If and when it's trained a while and shifted to interleave, and in DAYLIGHT hours .... do a reset then, and you'll find it'll increase a little, maintain the normal target margin of 6db, and at night drop to a lesser degree than it is presently.
@john46 thanks, yes it was on Interleaved before until the Openreach Broadband Boost Engineer tested the line and fitted a VDSL master socket. I was hoping that the dlm would have picked up that there were a few errors building up and would have automatically changed it back to Interleaved :L
@RogerB haha ye thought the line latency should be set to interleave. It changed to fast recently after the broadband boost engineer visit. Was hoping that it would automatically change back.
Will try what you have said tonight and will see what happens.