cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Qubegb bt home tech expert

Go to solution

After multiple engineer visits, and faults detected/not fixed, other than by a quick reset only for our broadband to inexorably slow to a crawl, and assistance from admins,  following further problems we have now been offered a "qubegb bt home tech expert" visit, my question is will this person actually be equipped to fault find/up a pole/in the great outdoors, or will they just come in and switch the hub off and on a few times??

PS please don't ask me to post a lot of router stats.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Qubegb bt home tech expert

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry I have no idea what you mean, we definitely have a qubegb bt home tech expert coming tomorrow booked by BT following a complaint about broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

My question was really to find out whether it is worth having this tech expert visit?

After complaining once again about appalling broadband speeds on friday, our broadband went from 0.5 mb (which it had been for several days) up to over 5 in the blink of an eye, which I think is the result of a quick reset. So for now our broadband is acceptable, we were also booked the tech expert, but I can't see any point in having this visit if it is not an openreach engineer with all the gear, it will just be a waste of their and our time.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@darylfwrote:

Sorry I have no idea what you mean, we definitely have a qubegb bt home tech expert coming tomorrow booked by BT following a complaint about broadband.

Did you read the link?, there are no bt home tech experts, that service finished on the 15th Dec.

Qubegb are a private company based in scotland and are partners with various companys providing infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

yes I did read the link, we have a bt tech expert from qubegb booked for tomorrow, maybe just maybe bt have ceased providing the service and outsourced it to qubegb?? Did you read my post, I only want to know whether its worth bothering with.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Furthermore the person booked to come tomorrow from qubegb is exactly the same person who came in May as a bt home tech expert so all this about the service no longer exists is just smoke and mirrors, but now I know it is not an openreach engineer, just a router switcher onner switcher offer I have cancelled it, thank you for your responses.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

I think there's confusion here over who does what, previously BT offered 24/7 advanced tech support, they could offer remote assistance and the cost was around £10 per month, that telephone support team are no more.

BT now have an agreement with Qube, they do home visits to troubleshoot problems, setup equipment and other services.

24/7 Tech support closed
Qube Home Tech visits still available

I hope that clears up the confusion between the 2 🙂

Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Oh dear I have a Qube engineer coming tomorrow..Have been told you have to go through them first to get access to Openreach? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@Daberry2wrote:

Oh dear I have a Qube engineer coming tomorrow..Have been told you have to go through them first to get access to Openreach? 

If BT suspect a fault or performance issue is internal, they'll send Qube first, if Qube find the fault is external it's then escalated to Openreach.

If the fault is found to be external, then Openreach is sent to investigate at first point of contact.

0 Ratings