cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksaro1
Contributor
Message 51 of 57

Re: Random very long ping times for random lengths of time

A BT engineer was scheduled to come today between 8 am and 1 pm. I was in until 1:45 and no one showed. However the line had been very good and quiet over this week. Then suddenly tonite the below

RSHub-CRC Errors-20151216-191130.jpg

RSHub-NoiseMargin-20151216-191129.jpg

RSHub-HEC Errors-20151216-191130.jpg

Is there a conspiracy? lol

0 Ratings
ksaro1
Contributor
Message 52 of 57

Oddly the speed test shows the following <I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox  and none give me the details of my actual profile>

BTW test Mozilla.png

0 Ratings
Tom95m
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 57

I am having similar problems to you (I posted a thread myself). I've searched all over forums on the internet and there's only a few people that seem to be having the same problem as us. I'll keep an eye on this thread but if you ever do get it resolved please let me know - EXTREMELY annoying, especially as a gamer when you're half way through playing a game and suddenly it becomes unplayable!

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ksaro1
Contributor
Message 54 of 57

@Tom95m - I have been away over Xmas and when I returned matters have become worse for me! The SNR was >18dB and download <2MB.... After an hour on the phone to BT an engineer finally did a reset for me. I then got about 3MB downiad and SNR ~8dB.But the SNR has steadily been rising and now it's >15dB and my download as back to <2MB.... Sigh....

BTW - when I run the quiet test I always hear complete silence on the line, so I don't know what frequency/spectrum this noise is?

I also see my router connection was reset at about 4 in the morning. I can't see that in the logs as the HH3 reoports that I can't go that far back in the logs?

So, sorry, no solution to report @Tom95m.

0 Ratings
ksaro1
Contributor
Message 55 of 57

All - below shows a classic state of my internet connection. This is since the port has been reset a few days

RSHub-NoiseMargin-20160109-173435.jpg

Yet CRC errors 

RSHub-CRC Errors-20160109-173435.jpg

Is this typical of some condition on the line?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 57

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 57

I thought quiet line test was ok in a previous post  problem looks more like electical interference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings