Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matteo72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Re: Broadband issues

Go to solution

Hello I wonder if you can help me. I have got my ip profile stuck at 2 Mb so speed in download is only up to 1.9 Mb. The line achieved in the past speeds of up to 12 Mb for 10/11 months with no drops or problems whatsoever. Thank you for your help. Here is the speedtest: BT WHOLESALE SPEEDTEST Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.96 Mbps Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps Line state: Connected Connection time: 5 days, 01:00:04 Downstream: 7.938 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps DSL noise margin: 25.00 dB upstream, 9.50 dB downstream DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 8128 Kbps downstream

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Matteo72 Sorry you are getting a slow connection.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Matteo72,

Thanks for sending over the details. @JohnC2 tried calling this morning. We've reset the profile for you so you should see an improvement over the next few days. can you post back and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Matteo72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Hi DavidM

Thank you for looking into it.

After the profile reset the speed in download went down to 1.30-1.90 Mbps and the upload speed is almost 0Mbps...

So no improvement at all.

Very sad since I used to watch a lot of videos in full HD in the past, thing that now I cannot do anymore and the speed that my connection achieved in the past was between 8 and 13 Mbps.

I wonder if you can help me to reset the IP Profile to a higher value.

Thanks again for you support.

Matteo72

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution
your IP profile is set by your connection speed not the other way round
0 Ratings
Matteo72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution
I see. Anyway the speed did not see any improvement and the speed in upload is close to zero.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Matteo72 I have checked and your profile reset has been completed again today and it's not capped at 2 now. Please can you check your connection and post back to let me know how it is now.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Matteo72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

unfortunately speed did not see any improvement and the speed in upload is still close to zero:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.95 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps.

Speed estimated from BT in the contract: 3Mbps to 7.5Mbps that looks weird to me since I do not live so distant from the exchange...(where, according to BT, you should reach speeds up to 17Mbps..).

Looking forward to hearing from you..

Matteo72

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

@Matteo72 sorry about that, @JohnC2 will be back in the office this afternoon and I'll let him know you've posted. It looks like we'll have to get BT Wholesale involved to fix this as it looks like there's a mismatch between the bRAS and IP Profile.