Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HomeHub5User
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: Bt home hub 5 question ?

Go to solution

I do have stable connections once the heavy rain stops. it stays stable until the next heavy rains and so on. When requesting a reset it is obviously only once the rains have stopped otherwise pointless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

have you tried disconencting when heavy rain starts and before your line is affected by it and that way when rain stops then reconencting would avoid the exchange your line dropping and connection should return to normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
HomeHub5User
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Good idea which I do if I am given enough notice. But usually what happens is the line starts playing up across the fields before the rain actually hits the house and thats how I know the rain is imminent. On my old modem of course (Netgear running routerstats). The HH5 gives me no stats at all. I think given my circumstances it might be better going back to my old modem where I can at least keep an eye, and report on the stats. Only had BT for a few days now and we had some bad rain yesterday which knocked everything for six (speeds down to 0.2down). I switched modem off today for 20mins and this took me back upto 0.6download (should be 1.5 normally)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I use a netgear and prefer it especially with custom firmware which gives  me some control over the noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
HomeHub5User
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Yes I think for peace of mind I should go back to using the netgear. I had hoped maybe with a new BT account the HH5 hub would be smart enough to sort itself out and save me some hassle, but I guess not. I use it wired too and switched off wifi. At least with the netgear when I do contact support I can have some facts and figures.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
if you have problems i suggest you post here and get the forum mods involved rather than the help line as you may find frustrating waiting for the reset being done you only have to read the posts here to see that
HomeHub5User
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Thnx...I shall do that.

0 Ratings
HomeHub5User
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Thats strange I plugged my netgear back in and all my stats are back to normal, in fact best yet

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.05 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.05 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 2.03 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.38 Mbps

0 Mbps0.45 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.38Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps
0 Ratings
HomeHub5User
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
noise margin 6db - connection speed 2304kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

there is no reason to change back to the hh esecially if netgear is looking good - you can also run routerstats with the netgear which is a bonus

0 Ratings