cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 46

Re: Can I upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL2+?

Go to solution

@DavidM  I have also contacted you using the contact link in your profile, regarding upgrade of my line from ADSL to ADSL 2+ for the same cabinet. (Winchburgh cabinet 3).

Thought I'd mention it here rather than making a new, nearly identicle thread in the forum.

Cheers,

Scott

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 46

Go to solution

@ScottyM45

The mods contact link is only made available by personal invite to you if you used the private message feature the forum mods will be unable to help you the mods contact link looks like this

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Go to solution

I sent PaddyB a PM so that that he was made aware of my issue, I was then able to use the "click here to contact the mods" link in his profile after he replied to my PM.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 46

Go to solution
Ok using a PM is not the best way to contact the mods as they show in their signature as they are not always on duty and your PM may not have been seen for some time therefore delaying your problem being resolved hope that helps for future should you ever need their help again
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @ScottyM45,

Thanks for posting. I've checked our queue and we have your email. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution

Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

The mods use the contact link so your message is correctly tracked  to their mail queue the mods read all posts made and answer posts when the community members cannot help also using a PM can delay a reply for help from the mods due to the Mod PM'd may not be on duty for some time

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 46

Go to solution

If your exchange has recently been upgraded to 21CN/ADSL2+ then you can either

1 Wait for BT Wholesale to bulk upgrade customers which can be anything from weeks to months after wholesale have upgraded the exchange. you will receive an email about the upgrade and then it is done in batches where you may be one first or the last batchs to be done

2  You jump the queue and agree a new contract and as part of that agreement you get upgraded to 21CN/ADSL2+

0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 46

Re: Would I get a faster speed on ADSL2+?

Go to solution
So I got a call back (from contacting the mods here) this afternoon and was told outright that my line cannot be upgraded from adsl max to adsl 2+. Even though it shows its available on the adsl checker and others connected to the cabinet have been able to upgrade....?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution
If BT Wholesale has rejected the order to move you to ADSL2+ then it is out of BT Retails hands the cabinet you are connected to has no effect on your being told no it is your line length from the exchange to your home that matters
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 46

Go to solution

So I was actually moved mid December. During the upgrade I lost connection for a while while it was on going. After this upgrade my router reported no change in sync speed. I have restarted the router and left it 10+ days and no change in sync speed. Line attenuation is 25dB with a 8.4dB noise margin, most places indicate a speed of around 14-17 but I'm still getting my old adsl max speeds. Anything I can do to investigate further?

0 Ratings