cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 46

Re: Would I get a faster speed on ADSL2+?

Go to solution
Who arranged the upgrade after the mods informed you Wholesale refused the upgrade
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 46

Go to solution

I chanced my luck and phoned bt again just to double check.  After the lad on the phone told me he couldn't upgrade me, he checked the adsl checker himself.  He was surprised that his info was out of date and put a work order in to get the upgrade carried out.  Adsl checker then had a message along the lines of "there is an open order on your line due to complete on the 13th Dec". 

Edit: also it wasn't wholesale that refused the upgrade, it was the bt girl who couldn't see that adsl 2+ was available on her system 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 46

Go to solution
You will not see a change because you have not been moved to ADSL2+
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 46

Go to solution

So why did open reach accept the order then? There was an outage on my line the day it was planned as well. 

John, do you have access to my line information? How do you know with such certainty that open reach did not execute the migration order correctly? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 46

Go to solution
your speeds would have changed which you have posted saying they did not also Openreach do not handle orders go to BT Wholesale to confirm it can you post the stats from your hub
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 46

Re: Can I upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL2+?

Go to solution
Can you post up the connection stats from your router please?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 46

Go to solution

Appologies I meant BTw, not openreach.

Please see below for router stats

routerstats.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 46

Go to solution
Your router shows you are on ADSL Max not ADSL2+
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 46

Go to solution

Awesome....Back to the starting point again then. Couple of my neighbours have already been upgraded to ADSL2+ and seen a doubling of their speeds....who can I contact to get this carried out on my line? (Even though I've already been through this and BTw already had an open order on my line to migrate it to ADSL2+ which I presume was carried out (13th Dec) as on the day that the order completed my line was down for about 40mins).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 46

Go to solution
as you have been through the mods and you had their reply that you could not be moved to ADSL2+ there is nothing anyone else that can be done Wholesale have said no that is final I am afraid
0 Ratings