cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 46

Re: Can I upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL2+?

Go to solution
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com

Can you post the results for your line from the above please.

With that attenuation there's no reason I can see initially that you'd be refused ADSL2+.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 46

Go to solution
You know what Wholesale can be liker Webby
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 46

Go to solution

On my second call with them, BTw accepted an order and executed it 10 days later - thus why I am questioning the slow speeds

0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 46

Go to solution

adslcheck.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 46

Go to solution
Something isn't right here.

If your exchange has it available, your neighbours have it and your line also shows it available on the DSLchecker then it needs investigating further.

With an attenuation of 25 you should get somewhere around 15-17meg.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 46

Go to solution
Thanks Webby, the problem is whenever I phone BT, they dont know what I am talking about regarding ADSL Max update to ADSL 2+ and why I am not getting the speeds that from my line attenuation and noise margin should allow me to achieve.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 46

Go to solution
Looks like another moderator investigation is required. Something definitely doesn't add up.

The one thing I will say is that I would expect you to be getting 8128sync, unless Interleaving is switched on.

Does your router display the modulation type anywhere?
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 46

Go to solution

The sync speed was 8128 on the bt home hub. However after a couple of weeks up time I checked the connection with a different and albeit older netgear adsl2+ router just incase. Speed decreased to the 7770mark.Will be putting the bt hub back on tomorrow knowing that the hub isn't the issue.  Trying not to disconnect the hubs too much in fear that the exchange lowers my speed further! 

This older netgear sadly doesn't show modulation type! 

Edit: added home hub sync speed stats (which may be from just before the adsl max to adsl 2+ migration -  was a screeshot from that I'd taken) 

20170110_211728.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 46

Go to solution
When you put the hub on it'll show the modulation type. I suspect it'll still be G.992.1, not G.992.5 as you want.

Come back and let us know, the mods should be able to investigate.
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 46

Go to solution

So that's the HH4 back on and it's reporting 8128/448 speeds. This home hub doesn't seem to show any modulation settings either, unless hidden somewhere? 

0 Ratings