cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 46

Re: Can I upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL2+?

Go to solution
Was wireless that time as I was just wanted to check it quick before work. Not had an issue with wireless speeds though....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 46

Go to solution
You need to check with a wired connection.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 46

Go to solution

Just checked it now with wired connection, download speed slowly increasing - 8.38Mbps now (ip profile still 16.54) Will wait a few more days and report back. So far, seems to be on the right track, thanks all for your assistance

0 Ratings
EGWinchburgh
Beginner
Message 44 of 46

Go to solution

Hi Scott,

Did this ever increase from 8 meg?

I spoke with BT last week, who advised I was already on ADSL2+, despite getting speeds of up to five meg late on in the evening and less during peak times.

As you know I connectd to the same cabinet as you, and I am alll too aware our neighbours are getting much higher speeds.

My package says that I should be getting up to seventeen, and I am convinced I am not on ADSL2+.

Cheers.

E.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 46

Go to solution
Yes, as shown above the sync rate is around 18meg.

Start your own thread please and post up the router stats, DSL checker results and a speedtest done using a wired connection.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
ScottyM45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 46

Go to solution
First attempt at getting upgraded to ADSL 2+ failed, even though I had a migration order with BTw. But getting the mods on here sorted it all out. Speed is increasing slowly over last two days, the line is still settling down but I've already seen 13meg today, I believe at out of peak times I should expect about 16meg down.

Best bet is to try get the attention of the mods, post your line stats and router stats along with adsl checker results.