cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrygt
Message 1 of 2

Re: Connection dropping every day

I have the same problem and have had it since I moved to BT from Demon Net (wish I had stayed with them) as I never had the problems I am having now. I have tried every thing that has been suggested but no luck. I have spoke to India on numerous ocassions and been told that my settings on the router (home hub 3 junk) have been changed even when it's not connected to the internet. Obviously a call centre operator reading from a script. I don't know how many times I have been told it will be okay in 48 hours now I am supposed to be getting a home hub 3 B what ever that is. I find it incredible that BT have a total of 5 hubs in circulation and I am still reading abouit problems that BT customers are having. My question is what is the best ADSL modem/router is to buy as a replacement for the BT junk.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connection dropping every day

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

I moved your post to avoid the replies getting confused with other post originator

the hh3 normally works ok so better to have a look to see if you can improve that before trying a new router

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings