Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullshot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 106

Re: Download times abysmal

Go to solution
Speed is the same , will have to do for now, will see if it keeps dropping this afternoon, if it does I will try channel 1
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 106

Go to solution

most common for hub is 1, 6 & 11 so maybe try 3 or 8

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 106

Go to solution

you can try downloading istumbler if MAC and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bullshot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 106

Go to solution
Thank you so much....will leave it on 11 then try 8 and see if it is any better , then try 3 if not......your help appreciated .I have clicked on the star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 106

Go to solution

thanks

try a few channels and see if any helps   istumbler will take the guesswork out of which channel as it will show networks round about you and their channel so you can then select a less congested channel or even a free channel

post back with update

bullshot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 106

Go to solution
Speed now worse than ever , constant 8.40 wireless to MacBook and 9.21connected via Ethernet cable to my laptop ....dropping off less frequently. BT tech help woman ( in India?) calling me between and 3 and 4 to see if it has improved after running tests this morning....hub is connected directly into the main socket ( with cover removed) is that right? She reckons we will have to have engineer out and if it is not line bt equipment failure will have to pay ....what do you think?
0 Ratings
bullshot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 106

Go to solution
Problem we have is the 'pork pie' is on the far garage wall and the cable runs along front of house and into the hall, held fast now with new UPVC windows...do not want that disturbing....could the main socket be run from 'pork pie' to another access point in the house, through the wall not the window frame?assuming the fault it from pork pie to house and not on cable under garden to pork pie....aaarrghhh
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 106

Go to solution

that is best connection - the test socket test socket.jpg

which channel are you using now?

bullshot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 106

Go to solution
Yes that's the one it is connected to now
0 Ratings
bullshot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 106

Go to solution
She suggested I did automatic and it reset to channel 6 , which is what it was on before....have been through all of them except 12 and 13 , will not allow me to use those, and speed wifi is constant 8.40, but connected with Ethernet on laptop constant 9 and a bit
0 Ratings