cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 32

Re: Drastic Download/Upload Speed Drop

@touareg I'm sorry about the problems you're having with your broadband speed, we most certainly can take a look at this for you if you use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
YourEIN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 32

Re: Drastic Download/Upload Speed Drop

Hi. Have you contacted the mods using the link in the post above this one?

Your issue sounds like the noise on the line is intefering with the broadband causing the equipment at the exchange to reduce your speed to something that is the most stable (but also very slow).  Each time you call, and your speed rises again they are resetting the equipment.  this will only be a temporary fix as the exchange will again reduce your speed incrementally until it get a stable speed (and with the noise, this will be very slow...)

You need to report the fault to the phone line to get the noise sorted without mentioning the broadband.

Call BT Technical Helpdesk on 0800 111 4567.  When the automated voice asks for your phone number DO NOT ENTER IT - wait for her to ask if you have a broadband problem.  You will get through to the right place quicker.  Alternativley you can dial 151 for the faults department for phone lines.

Report that you have noise on your line and they will get that sorted.  Once this is done, your broadband speeds should be a whole lot better.

I would be interested to find out how you get one with this.

===========================================

1. Is hub in the right 'hole'? If you have a '2-hole' socket, put the ADSL cable into the small square hole...
2. Make sure you are connecting to the correct 'SSID' e.g. BTHub6-1234
3. If you 'work from home', use a business line, not a residential line.
0 Ratings